15 (51.7%)
No, season's a bust.
14 (48.3%)

Total Members Voted: 28

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Wondering what the overall consensus is? 

I'm still hoping for a season!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

toadfish

• View Profile
It is not looking good.  Other than Sunday, most lows are just barely below freezing for the next ten days.  Highs are high 30's to nearly 50.  Grand Lake is starting to open up right now with the winds.  MAybe it is time to put up the ice gear and start getting out the soft water stuff.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
We will fish. You cant loose faith until at least May. Its all of you people that are not keeping the faith are the the reason we are not fishing. The ice gods blessed us last year with a long season and now they are testing our faith. If for some reason there is no ice this year, we are from ohio and should be used to the saying "there is always next season". Just keep the faith, it will come.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
well im not one to loose faith easily,  BUT......... :P  sorry guys but im jst looking at reality here. the temps that would put us on ice i fear would put us in another ice age...and i did just buy an outboard for my boat today so instaed of investing in hard water stuff im looking at spring. i keep looking around expecting to see those little yellow flowers to pop up...  but if we do et ice i will be there..... ;D
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I'm looking at the long range again, and I'm losing confidence!  Lows in the mid-20's and highs around 40.  Don't think that'll build safe ice very quickly.  Spent a couple hours this morning before I need to leave for work organizing my bass tackle for March.  Maybe that'll help the ice come on.  Thinking of going to a bridge this afternoon to fish for crappies on Walborn.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

erierider

• Global Moderator
  • I have a Chubby!
    • View Profile
Looking like it might be a rough go for those of us wishing for ice!! And BTW I consider this season a bust already!! If we get a week or two of ice great, but to lose so much of the season already really grinds my gears!
http://www.morningjournal.com/articles/2012/01/31/news/doc4f27d35f54757241460017.txt
Ice Fish Ohio
Pro Staff
Team Dreamweaver Spoons
Orange Crush Reef Runner Troller

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
That article is disghusting!  Beginning to think it was a waste of time and money to winterize my boat.  I just really hope for a week or 2 of ice.  At this point, I'd be happy for 5 good, safe days on the ice.

Team Wilcraft!

Vexilar