Ice Fish Ohio Forum

the year of no ice

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
2011-2012 ice season was a bust , I finally took all my ice gear out of my truck and put my crappie and river gear in. I hated to Ive in but February is on the way out and March is within site, even if we would get ice I ain't got the fever anymore. Hope to see all you guys out there next year, might start looking for bargain deals on all ice gear, you can never have enough fishing equipment!

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I agree on not being excited anymore. But I am excited for next season. I refuse to let an iceless season get me down an ice fishing as a whole. I still have a lot of my stuff out as im working on building a bunch of new rods for all my reels. Next season will be great. Im predicting an average winter next season with first ice around the first of the year and getting 7 to 9 weeks of safe ice. Just in case Im wrong I will be putting 40$ each week into a jar so if we dont get good ice again I will be ready to hit the road for a week or two and head north. Im sure that there will be those people selling there gear and giving up on ice fishing all together. I really hope that nobody here does that and lets this season get them down so bad that they give it up. We will fish again so lets all just move on to spring fishing then summer and fall and next thing you know will be getting ready for a new season.  ;D
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Well put!  I'm never going to give up ice fishing!  Disappointed, yes, was really looking forward to this season.  Got new line, rods, lures, tip-ups, etc. and no ice.  Oh, well, next season I'll be ready to go.  Now time to focus on some early slabs, then starting in April, I'll be after the green basses again till ice up next winter.  With a late fall crappie trip or 2 thrown in.  Think this year is going to be good for softwater as well as a great upcoming ice season.  We won't have a warm, rainy winter 2 years in a row!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Vexilar