Ice Fish Ohio Forum

lake erie and 4wheelers

Guest · 23 · 16664

fishingful

• View Profile
Nice to hear from you. I was out this past weekend and so was dad. I won't be up for a couple of weeks. First good ice in years and I am heading to the Caribbean..... lol can't complain.

I may sneak up this weekend but the next 2 I will be traveling.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 05:27:19 PM by fishingful »

Popeye

• View Profile
Don't see the need to travel that far on ice when you are unsure of conditions got some fish Monday less than 2miles out of camp perry. Had very little current and no scum in water. Fished 2.5 miles out first and you could see your lure on bottom plain as day moved in 1/2 mile and had 15 foot visibility. Got there late and caught 3 wish I would have known water was little more staind in closer earlier

bradner32

• View Profile
what was the ice condition off of camp perry if you dont mind me asking,and is anybody going outta crane creek.

Popeye

• View Profile
Ice was good everywhere I went friend was on round reef and said he was on 5 inches . Had some thin ice in real close like 100-150 yards off shore where the sand bars are at  a quad went through if you do go be aware of that ride beach to east and follow trail stay away from pier area haven't  herd about crane creek yet hopefully this weekend

bradner32

• View Profile
thanks for the info popeye,im gonna try on saturday if weather isnt to bad.i'll be walking out but dont know if im gonna go out of catawba or camp perry though

kneedeep

• View Profile
Ok I wanted to post that the area N West of Catawba is marked with Christmas trees heading due West towards Port Clinton but Caution should be used close to shore. seen a few large Gators and also talked to guys with none including me :P,  Thanks to Matt and Mike for to tow back to the park that could have been real bad :-\.  I fished in 22' marked 0 but only fished an Hr. before the breakdown goodluck if going out this weekend looks like its gonna be nasty out there.

Popeye

• View Profile
Last two trip out of Catawba haven't caught any fish we did have some bites though. Last time seen 4 fish on camera but fish were not biting that is when  I headed to camp perry. Water was much nicer and a lot less current. Did not have all the algae either. Seems like fish were not near as active with the algae. We marked a lot of fish in as shallow as17 ft last time out of camp perry about 1 .5 miles out .

bradner32

• View Profile
im watching the weather tonight,but is anybody gonna try it tomm

Vexilar