Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Crane Creek Eyes

jjmh21pack

• View Profile
Fished out of crane creek yesterday and went out 2.5 miles on quads to the reefs and 22 f.o.w. nice thick ice. Had 5 fish in the first hour and lost a bunch. We ended up with ten and one over10#s and 30". Going back out tomorrowin the a.m., the itch has become a fever lol.

E- man

• View Profile
Nice catch! Did you have chains on your quads? were you there on the 4th. Get confused on post dates. Again great catch !!!

jjmh21pack

• View Profile
Thanks E. Yes on the 4th and no chains on the quads. However that was before the snow storm hit last night and today. Tomorrow i wouldnt take the quad out snow will be treacherous i assume. Going with the snowmobile :)

jjmh21pack

• View Profile
Caught all on pink/blue buckshot lure tipped with minnow. Forgot to mention that.

pdfish

• View Profile
What size minnows are you tipping with?  Perch size minnows or are the shiners the size we use in the spring for walleyes?
thanks,
Dan

jjmh21pack

• View Profile
We used the perch minnows not the big shiners like in the spring pd.

erierider

• Global Moderator
  • I have a Chubby!
    • View Profile
We were out on the 5th and can tell you travel is going to be tough if you do not have a snow mobile or chains on a quad, lots of snow all over right now
Ice Fish Ohio
Pro Staff
Team Dreamweaver Spoons
Orange Crush Reef Runner Troller

E- man

• View Profile
Thanks for the heads up on the snow. Going to try it Fri or Sat not sure. Maybe the snow will pack down a bit. Guess I'd better chain up tho. I know chains on all 4 would be best but only have one set. Used to run chains on front of 4x4 pick up wondering if this would be same on quad. Don't know what effects on steering. Anyone that's used chains on there quad have any advice? Thanks

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
Just zip in kold kutters they are less weight and you can take them right back out of the tires.  I only go back wheels.
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

jjmh21pack

• View Profile
Went out this morning 6 man group 4.5 miles out 25 f.o.w. 13" of ice. Bone numbing cold but the die hards were out there. Landed 5 out of 9 with a couple nice ones. I had two 27" and 25" both on a pearlescent swedish pimple #5 tipped with a minnow right off the bottom.

pdfish

• View Profile
Did you travel by sled or Quad?  how was the snow for travel?
thanks,
Dan

jjmh21pack

• View Profile
We took the quads out being we had 4 wheel drive and we just followed the tracks out Dan. If u dont have 4 wheel drive prepare to get stuck alot.

jjmh21pack

• View Profile
In my opinion with the new snow coming and the amount already on the ice it will be tough traveling, but the chains would help some i imagine.

Vexilar