Ice Fish Ohio Forum

got trout

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
 ;D   Saturdays steelie trip.  ;D  got up to the lake about 7am and met my buddy jon and tom who was dipping for minnows, it was chilly and breezy. we finally had rods in the water and about 15 mins FISH ON ...jon was fighting his first steelie, bam same time my rod was screaming  ;D  now we both had trout jumping in the air,   but wait whos going to net em   hahah. so we both landed 6 lbrs.  rest of the day went about the same finished with 6 in the cooler, and lost 7 more with the other fish ranging 5 to 6 lbs.  :P the weather degraded during the day with rain and wind but we didn't mind . I like my 11 ft rod with a slip bobber , foo foo black jig filled with maggys and a minnow , about 5 ft deep.. ;D , then wait  ......   oh well just startin off cold weather with some steelies,    the end
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 11:41:21 PM by snowcone »
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

crappiehunter

• View Profile
wow great job! which river was that by?

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Dude that's awesome!  ;D  I've got to get up there and try that again this fall.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Nic catch, did you catch any whiskered steelies,heard they are a rare catch! ;D
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
thanx  all, this is up on the black river. it is good now. the females had eggs that are  well along. if you guys want to go or know more just pm me, funny I was using whisker repellent    hahahah   slab this is good weather for trout , you better hurry and go with,
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I know!  Been so busy at work I haven't been able to think about a day up there. The weekends are out this month too, my wife's grandma passed away and we are helping the family get the house ready for auction.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Sorry for the loss of your loved one slab,my thoughts and prayers to you and your family in this difficult time
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Vexilar