Ice Fish Ohio Forum

keep the site useful

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
alright fellow fishermen I'm calling on all of us to keep this site useful in our icefishing season.I try to post something everytime I go out, if I don't catch anything I post it ,if i do good i post it. It seems that not many people are posting but quite a few are reading. I'm not going to steel your spot and I understand that you cant tell about the spots that don't have parking but if you're on them let people know, if anything it gives them hope and they might try something else. So in true form today I went to pick up my coworker who has never icefished but said he had everything needed to go out. Well everything didn't include the proper gear to fish on the lakes and was more suited for his farm pond. Regular boots with 2pr socks, cloth gloves, blue jeans with winter jacket and a baseball cap. I never said anything just asked if we could fish his farm pond instead because i didn't want to make the 20 mile drive and walk out on the ice and see Jeff freeze to death. So we fished a while on his pond caught some decent blue gills a couple catfish and in all had a good time. After an hour or so he was glad that we only had a short walk to his house to warm his hands and feet. We went inside I showed him this web site and then he went shopping on-line at Cabelas for icefishing gear. Don't know if he got any his wife was stalking him from the other room. Jeff if you sign up and are reading this kudos to you it's a step in the right direction.

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Wapak,

I was on vacation last week and missed your post.

I agree with what your saying. If everyone can post where and how they did it will make the site even better. However, not everyone likes to post on forums and that is the way it is.

So we ask everyone to participate to make the site great.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I think that some people dont realize that you only get as much as you put in. The more people that contribute the better this site will be. This site is already the best around but there is no reason to not want to make it even better. I just want people to know that we dont expect you to post exactly where you been, what you were using, and all the other particulars. Just let us know what lake you were on and if they were biting or not. I personally share most or all of the details to help others because I enjoy helping out. This site has by far the most info I have found anywhere and if you cant find it just ask because someone will know. I have learned more the last 2 seasons with Ice Fish Ohio then I have my entire life. Thank You Dave for what you have created and Thank You everyone for helping make this site what it is. Lets all keep up the good work.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
agree with all, I've checked about all icefishing sites on the net and this is the best. Met some new friends on the ice via this site. I've had people come up to me and ask if I was the 1 posting info and I tell them yes , some don't want me to post info if we're on them ,others don't care. I like to share and figure the more out there the more to help figure the bite out.

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
To me ice fishing is a social sport and is more fun in groups. I understand that some guy's dont like us reporting on the lakes that they fish but they can also use the same info to helkp them catch more fish.

David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

bluegillkiller

• View Profile
we were at oldstate today at portage in the channel headed back twords 619 had some good fishin brought home 40 gils and two nice crappie we wre in about 5 to 8 feet of water usein pinman an waxworm was a good day even though it was frezzin out put my new shanty to the test

pig puncher

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
fished pleasant hill today.  10 fow. 1st skunk of the season.

TURKEY09

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
Wow sorry to hear that. Were you marking fish?
turkey09

Vexilar