Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Rod protection

fool4fish

• View Profile
 ??? So I've been gearing up so excited to get all my combos together before it starts n before I know it I'm at 6 combos n still plan to add two more that I've convinced myself I can't live without I currently have a cabelas soft zip bag that really holds about 5 n I've decided really want to sell it and move up really like the idea of a hardside case but like to b light as possible and of course affordable but when it comes to protecting your tools is there a price too high ?any of the fellas with the obsession like mine got any products they advise for Say 8 combos thanxs in advance being in Columbus you don't get to put hands on a lot and pics can only help so much
It goes without saying if its anything worth doing might as well do it right

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I would break a couple rods a year and finally got sick of it last year. I got Clam's double sided rod locker for $99. It will hold at least 12 combos comfortably, though I have 18 stuffed in there. It's a great investment and easy to carry. It fits in my 1 man shanty with no problems. Would highly recommend it, they make a single one also, but for the extra $40, get the big one. You're at 8 rods already and chances are you'll add more!  ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

fool4fish

• View Profile
Thanks slab I like the idea of growing room ;D
It goes without saying if its anything worth doing might as well do it right

Vexilar