Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Tween Time

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
So what are you going to do till the lakes transition back to ice or open water?For me I will be drilling holes in the soft ice off the end of the docks and sitting on a bucket,probably catching dinks,but hey it beats sitting home on the couch,I get cabin fever fast and have to do something,most likely will go to rocky river for a steelhead trip or two,and float some maribou jigs down stream,could work on cleaning up the garage,but most likely not.
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
hey hopper , my buddy and I were just talking about steelie fishin also. if it stays nice I will just work on my boat , if it freezes again I guess I will bucket fish  ... ;D   or   go steelie fishin.  sorry hopper steelies don't hit those jigs, ya need an old shoe lace cut in half and soaked in sardine juice and dried in the sun... hehehehehe.   now my bud jon in lorain tyes his own jigs and sells tackle hand made and I have fished with him for years and he is the trout ninja.    :)   
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Downthehole

• View Profile
As you know I will have a new shanty to build at the weekend. Otherwise, it will be dock fishing for me. Alum Creek Marina doesn't open for a while so I'll be able. To fish there on a weekend.
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
The only good thing about losing ice is now I don't have to make the decision between going ice fishing like I want to on valentine's day or doing what I should do and spend it with the wife. Other than that I'll be doing the same thing as you guys. dock fishing and my garage def needs straightened up. I still haven't put everything away from soft water fishing and there is hunting and ice fishing stuff everywhere. Maybe if I put my ice stuff away we will get another freeze.

g

• View Profile
It's dock fishing for me. I doubt if we get another freeze but anything is possible.

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
Fear not G another freeze is on the way.
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

g

• View Profile
Love your optimism holehopper. Hope it comes to fruition.

Downthehole

• View Profile
I can feel the cool down..cold damp air tonight.......

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Our Hardwater Season isn't over yet!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 05:34:09 AM by icebucketjohn »
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Nope. Don't think it is. I'm just doing what I've done all winter so far. Work and more work. Never slowed down. Hopefully round 2 will shut things down for a week or 2.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

g

• View Profile

Downthehole

• View Profile
Skim ice on the local pond that had all but melted by last Sunday, next weeks lows will have us back on the ice in no time at all (always the optimist)....

Saw guy

• View Profile
Going to Houghton Lake next weekend. Thinnest ice as of yesterday, 500 yards offshore was 15". ;D

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
Awesome!  Didn't they have a HUGE tip-up tournament a week ago or so?  That place is big time.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
is that the place where they flew a drone pver and the place was swiss cheese from all the holes ? and they were all in rows ...
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar