Ice Fish Ohio Forum
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

May 10, 2024, 06:04:46 AM

Author Topic: Ice is no good  (Read 4163 times)

Roaddogfishin

• View Profile
Ice is no good
« on: January 31, 2016, 02:38:40 PM »

:o want through the ice last night and governors Cove. Then I was out today at Atchersonand went through in the grass area.lots of guys out to Long Island catching bluegills and perch  some sketchy areas out there too though. Now I am done so lucky governors Cove was 5 inches but with this air ice doesn't really want to hold together very well. I was in 9 feet of water don't know how I got out.

g

• View Profile
Re: Ice is no good
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 03:02:10 PM »

Glad you made it out safely. I am done until the 2nd round, if we get a 2nd round. Keeping my fingers crossed.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 03:09:21 PM »

So glad you made it out OK! This has been a crazy year for ice conditions.  Best thing now is a total melt and refreeze. Start from scratch. Hope anyone fishing today has their safety equipment and fishes smart and careful.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Roaddogfishin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 04:01:04 PM »

Thanks guys the only thing that helped me was I had on overall versus bibs. It helps keep the water out of all my underclothes I would had on my bibs I think it would've been a different story. I agree we need a total thaw the refreeze to make better ice. But saying Ohio I don't think we will have the weather to do a good solid ice like last year.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 04:38:11 PM »

Not now.  Ohio seasons are so varied, one will be bad like this one, then the next 4 months of ice like last year.  Just hope for a refreeze and 1 last chance to drill some holes!!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2016, 09:36:42 PM »

I have been wet before, just went thru the other day walkin the shore about 8 ft out. glad you got out ok .. I try to make sure my clothes are tight around my boots and be water proof as possible.. and carry my spikes  ;D
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...
Pages: [1]

Pages: [1]
Print Print

Vexilar