Ice Fish Ohio Forum

saugeye fishing and golf

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
Catching a saugeye through the ice is just like hitting that long drive, you may only get 1 but it's enough to make you want to come back again.  There are some that are so dedicated to the eyes that they would rather walk of the ice with nothing , than to pick up a few crappie or gills as the mid day lull happens

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
to each his own,i would rather have action on gills and crappies all day,than spend all day catching nothing,or one,guess it depends on how dedicated you are to the species you pursue. :-[
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
same here, I was simply just stating a metaphor

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
Usually I fish for what ever will bite, but this year I have set a goal for myself to catch a 5lb plus eye threw the ice on Alum, until I do I'm that guy walking off the ice with nothing. I love the challenge, to me it's not how many fish I can catch, it's the chase I enjoy, and when I do catch one, and I will, the reward will be so great!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 04:07:02 PM by crv423 »
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

Vexilar