Ice Fish Ohio Forum

ice on my mind

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
I wake up everyday look out the window and see if we have frost on the ground, I check the weather report everyday to see if we might have a cold spell coming. I drive over to Grand Lake everyday after work to see if we have ice, in all my 25plus years of icefishing this has to be the first ever for me. I've warned my wife she may wake up one morning and I'll be gone headed north to icefish SOMEWHERE. I still have not given up yet, I have all my gear in the back of my jeep waiting for the iceman. Waiting  for what I don't know, we still have March I guess. My wife asked me today if I wanted to take a walk around our clubs lake, I yelled at her and said , "hell no, when it freezes over then we'll walk"...... so around the lake we walked with the dog and me on the leash. Later all I got chores to do, wife has still got me on her list and it looks like its a long list!

Minnowhead

• View Profile
Great Post IceDawg.  ;D  I too have the ice gear on standby.  Waiting on the edge of my garage, pointing outward next to my snowblower.  I am the only guy in the neighborhood who goes outside every morning with anticipation of heavy frost on my windshield to scrape off.  Hoping that the temps plummet over night in spite of that liar of a website known as Accuweather.  But as I let the dog out this a.m. standing in a t-shirt and shorts with cup of coffee in hand, I fear I might have to pack it all away because my tullips and daffodils have began to spring up through the mulchbed.  I don't know if I can stand watching another years worth of YouTube icefishing videos.
Throwing ice cubes in the lake all summer long!

Bryan

• View Profile
I seen Robins the other day!
Captain Bryan Oetting
Middle Bass Island Ohio
Lake Erie

Otter's island water taxi

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
The only ice I've seen recently is the ice my beer is sitting on!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Vexilar