Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Swivels that are invisible.

Banker · 8 · 9170

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
That's right, I just received my order of invisaswivels today from Aquateko Inc.http://www.aquateko.com/Aquateko_Invisa_Swivel_Invisible_Fishing_swivels_s/3.htm, and they look super sweet. Totally going to out fish stainless steel swivels - made 100% of flourocarbon. That's right flourocarbon you can bend them from end to end.

Aquateko InvisaSwivel.mov
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
pretty cool   bet there pricey ::)
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
What's their rated strength?  Looks interesting for Carolina rigging.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Banker

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
12, 25, 35, and 55lb strength, compared to guady stainless steel swivels they are expensive but compared to half the crap I buy to catch more fish that don't add up to much, something like this its worth it.
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

erierider

• Global Moderator
  • I have a Chubby!
    • View Profile
How did you end up liking the swivels after a season of use?? I found this review but found one of the cons being that you have to cut the leader to get it off, with out an easy swap out. Found this to be an honest review. Let me know your take as I am intrigued by these for crawler harnesses etc for deep, clear eastern erie eyes.

There are some very sharp-eyed predatory freshwater fish like river trout, asp (our European "freshwater tarpon"), chub an even perch, and the large and old-grown and therefore experienced ones of these species are very suspicious. I am convinced that they can spot metal swivels and snaps of any color in clear water. So, nearly invisible swivels are a highly welcome innovation, especially when you want to rig them close to the lure and when you are fishing in clear waters. I bought the 25 lbs Invisaswivels, and they make a solid impression. But unfortunately, the eyes are very tiny. It is possible to thread a 20-25 lbs fluorocarbon leader through the eyes, so these Invisaswivels work as swivels, yes. But it is not possible to fasten the tiniest and finest-wired snaps I could find on the fishing tackle market to the Invisaswivels, because their eyes are so narrow. So, the Invisaswivels are of a somewhat restricted use. For this drawback, I would have given them only 3 stars, but because swivels from fluorocarbon are a major and welcome innovation, I gave 4 stars. I hope that the Aquateko company will develop as soon as possible snap swivels from the same material or will redesign their Invisaswivels with wider eyes.Share this review: 
Ice Fish Ohio
Pro Staff
Team Dreamweaver Spoons
Orange Crush Reef Runner Troller

Banker

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
I will make you a deal if you come out to Fin Fur and Feather weekend I will give you a couple to ry out. After a season of use I have seen they are easy to use and keep my lure from spinning. I fish crappie at night in the summer time but have landed 12 lb catfish on this setup too. I like it for anything requiring a swivel but to your point it is not a swivel snap. I plan to have one of these laced on on every ice rod who currently still has a spinning reel on it. Also serves as a good slip bobber stop going up or down.
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Did you say catfish...now you got my attention ;D
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Vexilar