Ice Fish Ohio Forum

new style of jig

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
This is a different style of jig I'm toying around with, yet to be field tested , but I think they'll work just fine. If not I'm only out about .20 cents each and that's on the high side. The larger ones I bought from Janns netcraft , they're about 2$ each and all you have to do is add the hooks

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile

quackpot

• View Profile
Are those lead, or are you making them out of something else?

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Nice looking baits!!!  Good job! 👍
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Thumbs Up
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
 Thanks, just wished my painting skills were just a little better. I'm not sure how many of you ever attempted to use vinyl paint without thinning it down but it's almost like painting with melted plastic. I prefer powder paint but with a lead solder the melting temp is so low I sometimes melt the hook right off the blade . I'm going to put a little more effort into it this spring and try and find the best and most productive way to make ice jigs and paint tungsten jigs

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
those bigger jigs i use all the time on erie for wally and perch, normally use a dropper hook off of them about 4 " .  best colors are orange, white, gold and green in that order..   nice job on the jigs... sometimes i use finger nail polish because it comes in some rad colors and is a buck at the dollar store
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
   Die you say "sometimes I use fingernail Polish Cuz it comes in rad colors" that statement right there says alot snocone! I always wondered about you! LOL
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
I've painted with fingernail polish and it works pretty good, and there are some very " rad" colors out there . I'm looking more into the airbrush method . Actually I don't think the fish really care what type of paint, presentation might be more important to them

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
hey 36  I guess I'm just a throwback from the 60s,  I may be old fart but I think rad   hehehe...  and the foil tape works good, the prismatic stuff is good also...  oh yeah  glitter pink is a go to color , doesn't spray well but brushes good.  besides do fish relly care about my painting skills with a big minnow hangin off it?   
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
I powder paint lead jigs all the time.  Just keep the temp down and you will be fine.  With smaller lures I usually dip them, let them cool a little, back to the heat, in the powder again for better coverage or go into a different color for a striped effect.  I use a needle nose pliers to pull each lure out of the toaster oven and it makes the process go quick.  Then have a wire on the side where they can hang and cure.
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

Vexilar