Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Frabill inline 241

fool4fish

• View Profile
Hey anybody have any experience  with the 241 inline frabill online company had them heavily discounted so read some reviews  n the negatives i saw about seemed to be true gears feel really rickety  slop even noisey new outta box wondering is that ratio hard to engineer smoothly or is it possibly a break in stuation  when i compare it to my nicer frabill 371? I can just give to handle a spin n i feel the 241 gears almost catch or hold up instead of a free smooth rotation any similar findings?
It goes without saying if its anything worth doing might as well do it right

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
Sometimes less is more,maybe try a black betty,not much that can go wrong,and very reliable........... :) :) :)
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
I love my betty   ;D
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
The Frabill Inlines do make noise and I called them about that about two years ago to see if there was a way to take the clicker out.  Bottom line it cannot be done.  All said they are good online reels but have gone away from them.
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

fool4fish

• View Profile
Thanks futures hopefully its a more rugged style like a desiel that breaks in over time i may offer up one ot two on here got 4

Downthehole

• View Profile
I have the frabil but prefer the free spool on the eagle claw...

Damn autocorrect!
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I have pretty much all the inline reels on the market. My favorite all things considered; quality, durability, cost, ease of use would be the Clam spooler elite. They are great reels. But they have to be the elite ones with the line guide. The standard series I've had problems with the line getting behind the reel.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

fool4fish

• View Profile
Yeah im with you i have several models as well i broke my spooler elite late last year last night of ice vacation in minn. But found stripping off over depths of 12 ft on hot fish is very tedious on models that dont have the free fall buttons but the eagle claws assembly just gets beefy with that double paddle handle so thought that 241 for the price would be something in between got em for 20 ea. Nib

Vexilar