Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Frozen gear

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
I pulled the ultimate rookie mistake when I walked off the ice Saturday, I got home kinda late and decided to leave all my gear in my Jeep which is parked outside, my auger was packed with frozen slush, my boots had ice packed in the treads, basically, I had inches of build up on my gear. The drive home from Loramie thawed all my gear and my gloves, hat, snowsuit absorbed all the water in the bottom of the sled. Needless to say, when I decided to go out today I got to the lake, opened up my hatch and all my gear was soaked all the way through, the drive back home was not as pleasurable as the ride over. A wasted day watching TV and drying out my gear for Wednesday.......

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Take heart, it has happened to all of us. unfortunately, we learn the hard way.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile

ummm I got nutin
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

quackpot

• View Profile
Those are memories you will never forget, so it won’t happen again.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
That’s why I have 2 suits and 2 pair of boots in my truck. Been there, done that. My backup isn’t a float suit, but it’ll do in a pinch.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
also did that (once)............... :D :D :D
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

Vexilar