Ice Fish Ohio Forum

36 degrees this morning

Banker · 8 · 5296

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
What is your outfit? Who doesn't love a good ole hoody shorts combo this time of year? Well as tempted as I am to bundle up I go back to something the man who taught me to ice fish said..."TShirts in October"

Why ....simple....acclimation! Why do you think 40 degrees feels like 70 in February?

Same applies if u pretend it's 70 when its 40.

So will I judge u if u still sport the classic hoody and shorts combo...heck no...if anything I wish I could be YOU but now feel like it's my mission to acclimate and thought I would share what I do to compete against dudes in the Northwoods of Wisconsin and LOTW in -30 temps..us Ohio boys need to be ready :)
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

quackpot

• View Profile
I'm a sissy I had my hoodie on till 10:00. But as for being ready the truck is loaded.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
yeah 40 deg is cool , and I'm looking at my boat with tears in my eyes as we approach the time of year when cant use boat and no ice.??? and my body heater has kicked up the thermostate. if the wind would slow down it would be nicer
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Green Pea

• View Profile
Guys I'm not crazy but I sleep outside as much as I sleep inside. Yes in the Winter too from time to time. I know my neighbor probably thinks, well she kicked him out again but that's not the case. I just sleep better outside and it seasons me for the cold stuff. A few years back I bought a nice sleeping bag and a tent for Hunting in Wayne National Forest. Once I realized how well I rested  I continued sleeping out at home. Anyhow, getting your body adjusted to the cold does make a difference.

quackpot

• View Profile
When I go ice fishing I roll down the window and turn off the heat, so I can adjust to the temps.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Me too. It really does help. Can't wait for ice, looks like Saturday night will be our first temps below freezing!   Come on ice!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

g

• View Profile
This weekend will definitely be a teaser. Can't wait for ice. Doesn't matter what I need to wear so long as I stay warm. My main problem is keeping my feet and hands warm. If I can accomplish that, I am fine. I fish outside the majority of the time and don't mind it a bit.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
I do the same, I shut the heat down as I get close to destination so my body adjusts. don't step out of a steamy warm vehicle into the cold you will feel the cold faster....
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar