Ice Fish Ohio Forum
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

May 04, 2024, 03:42:41 AM

Author Topic: Black Hawk  (Read 5593 times)

nags

• View Profile
Black Hawk
« on: January 07, 2018, 12:04:24 AM »

Any report on black hawk thinking about heading that way tomorrow really don't want to mess with parking at long island or oconners.

reelcold_ohio

• View Profile
Re: Black Hawk
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 12:39:45 AM »

Was there late in the afternoon today 1/6 on Lucy's Pond, 8" of ice in 5ft of water.  No bites, fishing w/spikes and small jigs only fished a couple of hours.  Had a buddy that had been out there all day since 7am and didn't catch a thing.  Saw a lot of shanty's but no fish on the ice.   

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 07:02:23 AM »

That sucks. I was planning on heading there this morning taking the wife for her first ice trip. Prob set her up in the shanty then I'll go hunting till I find some fish. Gotta be some around. I smacked em in there tue afternoon

nags

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 07:41:46 AM »

Thanks for update think ill try different sppt

30inthabucket

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2018, 07:27:10 PM »

Wife and I tried it today for her first ice trip. Decent marks for the first hour but not many bites. I landed 1 nice gill and an 11 inch crappie plus a few smaller gills. Wife couldn't get one. Marks died off and we went to lunch and then headed for north fork. I wasnt leaving without her catching a fish. Thought it wasn't gonna happen until about 430 while I was out hole hopping I heard holy @#$× I got a fish. I ran for the shanty and got there just in time to get a 16 inch eye out of the hole for her. Completely wrapped on the transducer. Lol. We each ended up with a keeper and I caught 2 shorts.  She also snagged a giant shad but was heartbroken to find out that doesn't count. Was a slow day but we had fun. She wants to go again.

30inthabucket

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2018, 07:42:02 PM »

PS.  She's very angry for me posting that picture. She says she looks horrible. Lol

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2018, 07:45:06 PM »

I went to Blackhawk today around 2 pm, as I walked out towards where there used to be a pressure crack I drilled holes where we used to have 6-7' of water, what I found was the entire bay out front has filled in with silt and the deepest hole I could find was just over 4', I tried jigging around with no luck, started walking back towards my jeep fishing some of the same holes I drilled earlier, caught 1 7-8" saugeye, saw one other guy catch a short one and I left, no luck..... hope the weather holds off especially the freezing rain

g

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2018, 04:20:59 PM »

Tell youe wife she looks just fine Aaron. Figured she would of had a bigger smile. Hope to see her with you again.

Bryan78

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2018, 07:38:40 PM »

I'm just surprised you didn't eat that shad Aaron. ;D ;D

30inthabucket

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2018, 09:13:48 PM »

I snuck it in your freezer bryan. It's labeled perch. Let me know if you can tell the difference
Pages: [1]

Pages: [1]
Print Print

Vexilar