Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Feb.7

g · 24 · 15977

g

• View Profile
Fished with Ntoiceman36 and went 3.8 miles NNE toward Green Island and had a blast. Fished 28 feet of water and we probably marked 400 fish. Fished from 6:30 to 4:30 and we caught at least 25 fish with only 2 short fish. We had our limit by 12:30 but had to wait on my buddy to get his limit- he fished 200 yds. away. He didn't get his first walleye until after we had our limit. He did catch some big white bass and a catfish. Called some other buddies to our spot and we were 1 fish short of a 9 person limit. Hot lures were #6 gold/yellow ice pimple, #6 silver/orange pimple, #7 gold pimple, silver/blue cleo, and #7 uv jigging rap (not sure the color, Nate used it). Most fish caught within 3 feet of bottom by jiggling bait in fishes face. Weather was beautiful, no shack needed. Had a blast and Nate did too. He caught the big fish, a hair under 10 lbs. Hope we get a chance to do it again.

Walleyebob

• View Profile
nice job g and what a great report how's the lake holding up headed up wednesday night staying at my parents they live on catawaba lucky for me. Going to fish Thursday through Sunday if anybody else wants to hook up let me no I will be going out on a snowmobile

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
 And to all who are interested I can tell you first hand G ' s guide service can't be beat. What a FANTASTIC day on the big lake.we caught fish consistently throughout the day by changing up our lures and presentations. Brought home a monster limit with no fish under 8lbs. Biggest fish exceeding 30.5" thanks for sharing your day with me, what a blast!
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

rickiecatman

• View Profile
What's the number? Been to Erie twice for two hole weekends and one fish is all we got. 

honk

• View Profile
Nice job you guys, I'm hoping to play hookie a day this week when the weather firms back up the top layer (quad, no snowmobile).  Looks like I'll be leaving out of Camp Perry, and heading NNE!

fishingful

• View Profile
I aM up friday. Probably just for one day.

Bryan

• View Profile
Awesome...way to go!
Captain Bryan Oetting
Middle Bass Island Ohio
Lake Erie

Otter's island water taxi

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
Good job guys Saturday is was no doubt a good day!
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

g

• View Profile
Was going to fish Sun. but with the warm up, I didn't want to deal with the slush. Temp was 41 at 6:00 am so I headed home. It was an awesome day and even better when you can share it with friends. Glad we got to meet up Nate. I thoroughly enjoyed our day. Thanks Bryan. Have you been getting out lately? Were you out Sat. Jonny and do any good? Did you get any rain or did the temp melt any of the snow? Hope to make it back up in 2 weeks. Be safe and hit them hard. By the way, the ODNR was at Catawba checking everyone's fish for length and numbers.

Grant

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
Yes fished Sunday afternoon and it was getting a little nasty but actually not as soggy as I expected. Should be locking up nice now. Fish did not like the barometer dropping below thirty either :D lol
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

g

• View Profile
Guess I should have fished Sun. as planned. Oh well, hindsight is always 20/20.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Well G I must say, tonight's dinner of baked walleye with lemon garlic butter was absolutely delicious, now all I need is a little cat nap! Arms are still hurting from reeling up those hogs! :P
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

g

• View Profile
Had some of mine Sun. and Mon. for lunch. Delicious. My fingers are still sore from landing all your hogs but can't wait to do it again.

Eyewall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • epicicefishing.com
That's awesome guys!!! That's what it's all about. Good job!!!! Good times!!!
EPIC ICE FISHING ADVENTURES-
ICEFISHOHIO.COM -
VEXILAR - PK LURES
ICEJUNKIESOUTDOORS.COM - ACE CUSTOM RODS
VULTURE SYSTEMS- VICIOUS FISHING
STRICKER ICE - AQUA VU- NEBULOUS FLOTATION
PRO CURE SCENTS- GRIM OUTDOORS

g

• View Profile
Thanks Eyewall. Look forward to your posts and pictures. Wish I lived closer than 3 1/2 hours. Oh well, I get there when I can.

Vexilar