Ice Fish Ohio Forum

walk

mbarrett1379

• View Profile
    • Steelhead fishing "Rainbow Row"
Any where near the islands I can just walk out enough to get onto some eyes?

bradner32

• View Profile
i havnt made it up there yet,but been hearing of guys going out on 4wheelers and snowmobiles.also was told 2 miles off camp perry they were catching some.dont know if its true just repeating what i was told.we are heading up sat..prob to c-perry or catawba not sure yet.what ever you do or where ever you go just be safe and have fun.

phishyone1

• When hell freezes over, I'll fish there too!
    • View Profile
Ive walked out twice now........... Out of Catawba state Park........... Ice was good 7-10in where we were, good clear ice too.......... tough bite the days i was out. But you can walk as long as you can walk 1.5miles or further, bring studded boots or cramp ons......... nice smooth ice, no shoves to go around, no big snow drifts and they have trail marked with Christmas trees leading out towards Green island now........ good walking conditions right now........... just be careful this weekend, wind gonna be howling........... visibility will get low to none at all. current will or may shut bite off if real crazy flow under ice from strong wind....... Use big pimples n raps to stay in contact with bottom if current bad..... If wind wasn't gonna be so bad I would go any this weekend but I was out last Sunday in that crazy wind, like they are calling for this weekend, im good till wind dies... But post how you did on your return
Thank you,
Pete Sekerak (Phishyone1)

floater99

• View Profile
The last time we had good ice out of the state park there was a guy running a shuttle service 10.00 each way.Beats walking.

Mullygyn

Mbarrett. Were going up feb 7-8 if you wana join

keepinitreel

• View Profile
The last time we had good ice out of the state park there was a guy running a shuttle service 10.00 each way.Beats walking.

This year?  Do you know the name for the shuttle service?

Thank You

mbarrett1379

• View Profile
    • Steelhead fishing "Rainbow Row"
I would luv to go out with some people if anyone wants to

bradner32

• View Profile
we are heading out tomm morning from catawba hopeing to be leaving the dock about 630.will be driving a blue and white foed 150 with a john deere sled..we are only going out less than a mile to start
if plans change i will let you know i will be checking this site about 430 am tomm morn so let me know

fishingful

• View Profile
I have walked out a bunch of times. all the way to green and back once (5.7 miles one way) if you can walk a mile to 2 one way you can be on fish. Some guys will see you walking and pick you up (like me) most guys offer some cash for the ride I always decline it but its a nice gesture. One time the guy threw it under the wiper blade and walked away free beer that night lol.

Make sure to pack lite. Usually just have a sled and a limited amount of gear. A small heater with a 1lb propane tank will extend the day and warm the fingers.

Vexilar