Ice Fish Ohio Forum

where to go?

catfishdude84

• View Profile
was thinking about hitting Lake Erie to try my hand at ice fishing, any suggestions as where to go? will most likely be on foot with my partner. he suggested sandusky bay. how thick is the ice? is it safe to go out right now?

bradner32

• View Profile
sunday my buddies did pretty good at the bay for perch.they were at whites landing said they had bout 6in of ice.the 2 of them caught 22 keeper perch 7-10inch fish.i was on the lake with about 8-10in of good ice 2miles out

catfishdude84

• View Profile
thanks for the info. i was wanting to head out into the main lake, but iv heard everybody has been going out a mile or so from catawba, and ill be on foot not on a quad lol. i can settle for some perch lol they are just as good if not better tasting that walleye in my opinion.

bradner32

• View Profile
as of right now i will be heading out saturday.we will have 2 snowmobiles and a trailer and will have extra room as of right now i can let you know if you wanna meet up at catawba.had a stator go bad on a sled and have to fix first but will let you know if interested

catfishdude84

• View Profile
I appreciate the offer, just let me know what time and where to meet. There is 2 of us though. Let me know what i need to bring. I will need to get out and buy some gear since i havent went but once before and my friend let me use his rods and stuff.

bradner32

• View Profile
we're working on the other sled tonight,so it should be up and going by sat..if we meet up you will need rods and i use pimples and jigging raps.i will let you know friday evening if we are going for sure and where to meet us...i have had guys help me out before on places to fish and where to go so just returning the favor..what goes around comes around

bradner32

• View Profile
hey catfish,i
we couldnt get the other sled going this week,so we not gonna head out.if i can get another one going iwill let you know...sorry maybe we can catch up in   a week or so

catfishdude84

• View Profile
its not a problem at all man. i am sorry i didnt say it sooner, but i was gonna cancel anyway. my grandma passed away yesturday after a 2 day struggle. i just forgot all about this till just now.

Vexilar