Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Weather

TURKEY09

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
 Well looks like ice fishing is about to come to an end. Wed. and Thurs. in the 40's with rain and Fri 51 with rain. Thats not good.   :(
turkey09

firefish532

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Keep the faith brother all is not lost we might get lucky and it could get cold again
Firefish

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
We'll have ice till Mid March
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

ice phisher

• View Profile
NORTH/NO.......................SOUTH/?..........see how much rain we get!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ice Phisher,

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

JustNutts

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I dont want any warm weather.I hope the ice stays until at least may.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

ice phisher

• View Profile
Hardwater.....I know how addicted you are.........If May interests ya.......just go north to northern Ontario.......I've been up there then....Hunting Bears.......and some season, the ice is just leaving ...............
Ice Phisher,

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
I hope that we don't have unsafe ice for a month like 2 years ago (IF) its going to melt I hope its swift so i can be in a boat! I don't know what I will do with myself till it thaws.
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I agree. I dont want to stare at a lake thats covered in ice for over a month and I cant fish it. If its going to happen let it happen. If not let it be cold so we can fish.

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
thats my thoughts also this time of year i want warm weather but also hate to see the ice go. i want it to melt fast so i can get the boat out. and my gas bill needs a break ha ha...
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

panfisher1402

• View Profile
I kind of got mixed feelings about the ice melting. This is my first year on the ice. On one hand I'm not ready for the ice to melt cause I feel like I still have so much to learn. On the other hand I'm ready to get back in my boat so I can get back to a type of fishing that I have more confidence in.

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
Lets pray it stays for a little while. Its not even valentines day yet!
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
If the ice melts it means its almost time to start work for the season again. Im not ready for that. I just want to keep on fishing. In the spring summer and fall i work 7 days a week most weeks and when I do get a day of Im working at home so I dont get to soft water fish much. I hope the Ice Gods smile upon us and give us at least a few more weeks of Hard Water.

Optfish

• Trout from Antrim
    • View Profile
a lot of years it can be warm one month and get back down to cold for another month.  May be this year.

spoonchucker

• View Profile
the weather report looks bad. im not a fan of open water fishing at all, so im hoping the weather guessers are wrong. have been wanting to sell out and move to minnesota for quite some time. maybe i should spend the summer getting my house ready to sell. guess ill be getting out as much as possible this week

Vexilar