Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Fisherman Falling in

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Hey Guy's.

The edges are melting. I have heard of 3 people falling in this week. This is the time to have all your safety gear. Please do not fish alone.

We want you back next year.

David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Yes, please be careful, and always have a complete set of dry clothes, down to underwear and shoes, in your vehicle.  Doing this has saved me more than once.  If fishing alone is your only opition, as it typically is for me, let someone know when and where you are going, then call or text them when you are safely in your spot.  this time of year it can be a little tricky out there.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

pig puncher

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
this year is especially bad. i've heard of more fishermen going through this year than any year since i've been fishing hard water. be extra careful, have all the safety gear, and also pay attention to the wind and temperature. stay away from stumps , logs, and rocks in the water. they heat up and weaken the ice around them. i hate to say it guys, but i'm afraid the seasons about over for us.

Crazy4Smallmouth

• View Profile
Someone went through in 12 fow today, Monday, at Kiser Lake. He was able to get out and made it safely to his truck.

JustNutts

man its sounding bad out there. Im goin in the morning, have to be extra careful.

Vexilar