Ice Fish Ohio Forum

not ice fishin ...BUT

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
I thought while waiting for ice that we could post up your favorite deer , fish, ect  pics.....
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Nice snow cone,
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
This is the only buck I considered shooting this year.  Nice 10 but he's only 3. Gonna be a stud in another year or two

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
that rascal has thick rack, nice....I usually leave the antlers  to you all that prize them ...

30inthabucket

• View Profile
I'm a meat hunter first. Venison and fish are prob 75% of the meat my family eats every year. So putting a couple does in the freezer is top priority for me. I just decided several years ago I will only shoot a buck if he's 4+ years old.So I don't shoot many bucks.lol. But it's really cool watching the same bucks every year and seeing them grow up. Like this guy. Passed him up 2 years ago as a 3 yr old. Now he's a freaking giant! And impossible to kill .lol

g

• View Profile
Nice doe snowcone. I am with you on shooting does. I like the meat so I am glad to shoot does. Buck meat is good too, I usually age it longer before butchering. Good luck to all. Nice looking buck 30.

30inthabucket

• View Profile
I think I may have just shot the world record doe. Or maybe a small horse. Lol.I'm 6 ft and 230 to give you some perspective

g

• View Profile
Nice doe 30. Looks like many delicious meals ahead.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
oh man that's a mother load doe   hehehehe  nice

30inthabucket

• View Profile
I've heard before that the more fat on a deer the worse the winter will be. If that's true we are about to get walloped.  Just got done butchering that doe and she had some spots her fat was close to 2 inches thick. Maybe it's a sign we are gonna get some ice. Hope so, I'm about burned out on hunting for the moment. Besides I gotta save some room in the freezer for all those tasty crappie and eye fillets.

Vexilar