Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Pleasant Hill

TURKEY09

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
 I'm fairly new to this site. I've been ice fishing for about 5 yrs. now. I really enjoy and think I'm addicted. LOL   I'm wondering if anyone on this site ever fishes Pleasant Hill. They have a nice population of saugeye. I also wouldn't mind doing some pan fishing there. If anybody could give me some tips it would be appreciated. Thanks.
turkey09

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Good Question. I hope we have someone who fishes it.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

TURKEY09

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
 I hope so to. I live about 20 min. from there and never get any ice fishing reports. I usually ice fish farm ponds and Knox Lake for panfish.  I'm going to log some hours at P. Hill this winter. I have never ice fished for saugeye before but I've learned alot from this site so I'm going to give it a try.
turkey09

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I am sure that someone will want to try it with you this winter.

Please make sure you have someone with you when trying new waters.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
Jammin Jigs

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I fish Pleasant Hill a lot in the summer but never in the winter. I was told that the lake is progressively dropped through out the winter so I have always shyed away from hard water fishing there. I would love to here from someone who does hard water fish it.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

TURKEY09

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
 I will definetly have one or several of my fishing buddies with me. I somebody can give us some good advice on ice fishing it.
turkey09

TURKEY09

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
 Hardwaterjunkie I talked with a guy this morning that has been ice fishing PLEASANT HILL for 15 plus years with pretty good results on panfish. He said once they lower the lake level in the fall that is it. They don't lower the water levels throughout the winter. He assured me that it is safe to ice fish. We are going to ice fish it for saugeye this year I will keep everybody posted on how we do. ;)
turkey09

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
Is pleasant hill a good eye fishery? I've never had the pleasure of fishing there.
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

pig puncher

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
i've only ice fished there once, (30 years ago).always wanted to go back, but never made it. when the ice gets good give me a shout and we'll give it a try.
crv423---- for what it's worth, i swear i lost a state record 'eye there. over 30 inches. did get a 7 pounder once. they're in there if you can find 'em.

TURKEY09

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
Yes the eye's are definetly there. Most people only fish them in the summer. For some reason not many people ice fish for them there. I do have some friends that have been doing great on vibes from a boat the last couple weekends. First safe ice were going to go out after them.  ;)
turkey09

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I hope you get on them and remember to take a photo with the Walleye entry form and you can win a Lure secure for the first walleye posted and the largest by Sunday at 7:00Pm
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
Jammin Jigs

Vexilar