Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Ice Fishing at Clear Fork Reservoir

TURKEY09

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
 I notice there's a link on this website for ice fishing report at Clear Fork reservoir. I fished Clear Fork for years for muskies. Before anybody decides to head there I want to let you know there is never any ice fishing allowed. I know what a bummer.  >:(
turkey09

pig puncher

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
i've noticed that. wonder why. i'll bet the fishing would be good there.

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
I had received a report from a bait shop that the city was going to allow ice fishing this year on Clear Fork so i added the lake..

I will call the city on Thursday to verify if this is the case and keep you posted.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

TURKEY09

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
 Good idea David. I have spoke with the game warden Greg Wasalousky twice in the last month and he has assured me that they're not going to permit it. I hope you come up with some good info when you call the city. I would love to ice fish there. ;D
turkey09

TURKEY09

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
Hoheisel did you hear anything out of the city of Mansfield about ice fishing Clear Fork Reservoir?
turkey09

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Sorry Guy's. I droped the ball on this one and will call this week.

If we cant fish this year doesnt mean we cant try and change policy in the future.

That is what this site will allow us to do. We have numbers of ice fisherman that would like to fish the lake. We can show that It will bring and economic inpact to the city.

Lets see what we can do.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

turkeyneck003

• View Profile
Dave we had the same problem with the Willard res....1st 25 years after they built it....No Ice Fishing....Why they couldn't say....But after years of bugging the city of Willard they finally change....Good Luck.... 
Gaff its not just for chicken...

Vexilar