Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Portable GPS Question

Kingfish_1968

• View Profile
    • Jon Coomer. Com
Has anyone got a suggestion on a portable GPS that will show the lake contour while getting to your spot?  I would like one that I can mount on my snow machine or four wheeler.  I bought a Garmin Colorado 400i last year and it'll show the islands, shoreline, roads around the lake but won't show the depths until you stop and mark it like a waypoint.  I called Garmin support and they told me that there is no way to see the contours as you go, which to me makes this nearly useless as we search for the particular area we are targeting off hotmaps, etc...  I am thinking of rigging my softwater Humminbird 595C combo with just a GPS receiver and mounting it to the snow machine but would like an easier out.  I could also use use my chips if I go that route.  Any input is appreciated.
Tight Lines,

JC

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Very interetsting question. That may be the way to go. I will try and check with a friend of mine to see what he say's. He offers help and teaches people how to set and read there electronics. He used to be the main rep for Lake maps.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

Vexilar