Ice Fish Ohio Forum

DEERCREEK LAKE

welderhillbilly

• View Profile
IS ANYONE GOING TO FISH DEERCREEK THIS SEASON? THIS WOULD BE THE LAKE I PREFER CAUSE IT IS THE CLOSEST TO HOME. JUST CURIOUS , I WOULD PREFER TO FISH WITH A PARTNER.

THANKS
WELDERHILLBILLY

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
There is a couple of Deer creeks. If you are talking about the one south of 70 than you really need to be carefull. A lot of lakes south of 70 do not freeze real well. Also, This deer creek will lower the water leaving air between the ice and lake level. If you fall through you will never get out. This happened a few years ago with a guy walking with his son on the ice. He fell in and they could not find him. Be very carefull.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

rogue

• View Profile
I fished Deer Creek lake ( the one south of 70 ) a couple times last year thru the ice , and you do have to be real careful there . If it gets good enough ice I will fish it with you if you want , it's my preferred lake to fish all year long . Now don't get too excited I never catch anything there but I just like going there . Rogue

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Thanks for joining us Rogue.

I am glad you guys could hook up there this winter. Be safe.

I am sure there's not to many fish in that lake. ;D
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

welderhillbilly

• View Profile
THANKS FOR THE INFO FELLAS I WILL STAY AWAY FROM THAT ONE ! LOOKS LIKE I WILL FISH INDIAN LAKE . IT ISNT TOO MUCH FARTHER AWAY. I KNOW MANY PEOPLE FISH IT SO I WILL HOOK UP WITH SOMEONE TO GO OUT WITH .

THANKS
SHANNON

Vexilar