Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Update us on your home lake please...

ratherbefishing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I went to Indian Lake yesterday and could only find open water at the mouth of Moundwood Channel. EVERYTHING ELSE WAS FROZEN! Main lake, Old Indian Lake (both sides off of Dream Bridge, Cranberry, Paradise Is., you name it, it was under ice!
Keep an eye on wind and snow conditions over the next week or so and you should be fishing by the end of the weekend, or beginning of next week if everything works in our favor!

Do not go alone. Stay away from docks with aerators. Use your spud or Chisel.
Good Fishin'

Ryan Kerns

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff
Vexilar Pro Staff
Clam Pro Staff

Ask me about:
Ice Safety
Vexilar Flashers
Lake St. Clair
Canadian Fishing
C.J. Brown
Indian Lake
Jason Mitchell Rods/Ice Armor by Clam
Panfish
Walleye
Saugeye

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
When you check the ice please check and see if it is white ice. I heard that it is white ice because of the snow mixing into it. This weakens the ice and is very unsafe. Please keep us posted.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
Great report Ratherbe, hoping to get on long island or cranberry this weekend. Thanks and keep us posted.
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

ratherbefishing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I spoke to Dan today and he mentioned that a few of the old timers were actually out on the ice.... This is not a very good idea at this time. Some of the coves that are sheltered from the wind may have slightly more ice cover, but the ice can be terribly inconsistant this early. I wouldn't be out there before weekend.

I would like to say that my prediction looks to be a good one! :P
Good Fishin'

Ryan Kerns

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff
Vexilar Pro Staff
Clam Pro Staff

Ask me about:
Ice Safety
Vexilar Flashers
Lake St. Clair
Canadian Fishing
C.J. Brown
Indian Lake
Jason Mitchell Rods/Ice Armor by Clam
Panfish
Walleye
Saugeye

SlabJunkie

• View Profile
Mogadore REs. in Portage Co. is one of my home lakes. i heard from another site (OGF) that there was 1.25" at Palm Rd. yesterday. its almost here guys!!!!   stay safe!
SlabJunkie

Pro Staff
icefishohio.com

rogue

• View Profile
   Stopped by Madison Lake today it had 1.5" of good looking ice on the west side by the Island . The hole lake was covered but the ice wasn't as clear on the east side at the beach , the NE end didn't look like it was very good .
    I can wait for some real good ice but it's driving me nuts , maybe this weekend or mid-week next week I can get on Indian . I prefer 6" but might settle for 4" of clear/black , will see . Rogue .

SlabJunkie

• View Profile
Just got back from a quick stop at the 14acre private lake I fish. was there yesterday and it was 100% open and today it was 95% iced up with 1/2" of ice at the shore. i have never seen this lake do this before it is usually the last one to close up being its max depth is 25ft and has a constant flow from a stream on one side and a stream, pond, lake system (Lake Hodgson) that leads to the city of Ravenna water treatment plant on on the other side. plan on making a stop to check the ice at Wingfoot tonight. i will definatly be out somewhere saturday afternoon!! Be careful!!
SlabJunkie

Pro Staff
icefishohio.com

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Thanks for all the updates. If we can please start posting the ice reports under the lakes themmselves.

If you fish a lake we do not have please PM me and i will add it.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

Vexilar