Hello from the Wolverine state.

OIM · 8 · 6441

OIM

• Manager of Retail Operations with Sportsmen's Dire
    • View Profile
    • Sportsmen's Direct
1st off go blue  :P

Ok now that is out of the way.lol

A little about me I am an avid ice angler. I have fished shoulder to shoulder with some of the best ice fisherman out there on the trap attack ice tour(now NAFIC). I have taken a few years off from the tournament front due to needing a new partner and have yet to find one.(mine moved to NC for school).

I am a nationally syndicated blogger and freelance outdoor writer that has been featured in regional publication like Michigan Outdoor News, Woods-n-Waters, and Great Lakes Angler, I have even had the chance to be on TV a few times.I will be on Michigan Out-of-doors here soon with a huge 90lb sturgeon I recently landed.

I hope I can add some more knowledge to the board and share some of the tips and tricks I know.I spend a ton of time ice fishing, I am even cutting way back on the duck hunting this year so I can save money so I can ice fish even more then 3 to 4 times a week like I did last year. I can't wait for winter to get here and these cold snaps are killing me. ;D

Pic is me with a Grass Pickerel

36072 Jefferson Ave
Harrison Twp, Mi 48045
In the heart of the action on Lake St. Clair

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
It is nice to have you OIM and look forward to your reports on Michigan Ice.

We are holding a Open Pan Fish tournament on Mosquito Lake which is in Northeast Ohio.

We would love to attract anglers from Michigan. Maybe we can get a little ice fishing rivalry going. ;D I will shoot you a pm.

Welcome aboard.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

pig puncher

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
welcome OIM, sounds like you know what you're doing on the hard water. i spent a week in "that state up north" in 2009. drove my truck on the ice. it's serious ice fishin' up there. btw , i'm putting my money on your team for THE GAME this year.hope to see you on the ice.

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
Welcome OIM,

First off, even though the Bucks are terrible this year, I will never admit that I think OSU will lose to TSUN.  Anyhow, welcome and I hope to get up north to do some hard water fishing at some point this winter.

OIM

• View Profile
    • Sportsmen's Direct
Welcome OIM,

First off, even though the Bucks are terrible this year, I will never admit that I think OSU will lose to TSUN.  Anyhow, welcome and I hope to get up north to do some hard water fishing at some point this winter.

I have my things I am good at just like everyone else and I also have my weakness.You can learn something new from just about everyone.

36072 Jefferson Ave
Harrison Twp, Mi 48045

ratherbefishing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I thought Michigan was "The Great Lakes State."

It's great to have you on board.
Good Fishin'

Ryan Kerns

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff
Vexilar Pro Staff
Clam Pro Staff

Ask me about:
Ice Safety
Vexilar Flashers
Lake St. Clair
Canadian Fishing
C.J. Brown
Indian Lake
Jason Mitchell Rods/Ice Armor by Clam
Panfish
Walleye
Saugeye

OIM

• View Profile
    • Sportsmen's Direct
Yeah we have a lot of great lakes to fish  :P

I just got a sneak peak at some new tungsten jigs and also just became the proud owner of a new ice fishing tool. The Sonic Ice Hopper. I will talk more about this one here soon and will post up some pics. This might be something great for you guys in Ohio with shaky ice that doesn't get that thick so you have to travel light.

36072 Jefferson Ave
Harrison Twp, Mi 48045

jaybird62

• PRO STAFF
  • another great day
    • View Profile
welcome oim   love that state of yours.  heres hoping for safe ice real soon
be safe, it aint no fun if you dont live to lie about it
IFO prostaff
NAFC life member

Vexilar