Ice Fish Ohio Forum

insaneblaine

• View Profile
Hey everyone im a new member and i figured I would introduce myself my name is Blaine and I love ice fishing. Just been ice fishing for a few years so far but im addicted already. Just moved to Ohio for school i attend hocking college for fisheries management in Nelsonvile Ohio. I would appreciate it if anyone could tell of some lakes nearby to try in the upcoming season since im new to the area and don't really know any lakes. Any information would be appreciated. OR just shoot me a line and introduce yourself.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Welcome, can't help you on the lakes, I'm over in Canton.  Glad you're here and hope to see you on the ice.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

mitch131

• PRO STAFF
  • there always next year
    • View Profile
Welcome to the site im sure someone that area will let you know some lake im from the mansfield area hope to see ya one the ice.
marcum
strikemaster
jammin jigs
artic armour

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Welcome aboard. Not sure about lakes in your area but we created a board for looking for a fishing partner. I would post on it and i am sure you will get a response from fisherman in your area.

Also, we always post when were going out to lakes and when and you are always welcome to meet us and fish with us. This will help you learn new lakes.

Thanks for joining the site.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

insaneblaine

• View Profile
Thanks guys I hope to see you all on the ice sometime that would be awesome. I look forward to hopefully posting some reports on where im going and if im having any success once it gets to ice season.

g

• View Profile
i don't think you will get much ice fishing in that far south. if it does freeze down there, try dow lake in strouds run state park. trout are stocked there and would be fun through the ice. you will probably have to head north for icearound columbus or farther north. good luck.

skunkedagain

• View Profile
 I agree with "g" kinda far south. Look on the ODNR fishing map links to find lakes north. This State has many lakes to choose from. Most of that information can be found on this Forum also.

Minnowhead

• View Profile
Welcome!
Throwing ice cubes in the lake all summer long!

Vexilar