Ice Fish Ohio Forum

New Guy

thigpend6

• View Profile
Hey everyone, I just joined and wanted to take time out to introduce myself. My names D'Angelo, I'm a fourth year at OSU. I've been fishing as long I can remember, but never have I fished hard water. That being said, I'm planning on trying it out this year (I used to hate putting the rods up! lol). I'm hoping to learn some info from this website in hopes of catching some fish, and more importantly remaining safe while doing so. Tight lines everyone!

jaybird62

• PRO STAFF
  • another great day
    • View Profile
welcome to the site.  good bunch of guys here to learn from.  where u planning on fishing?
be safe, it aint no fun if you dont live to lie about it
IFO prostaff
NAFC life member

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Glad you found it.  This should be a good fishing winter.  Don't think we'll get two in a row like last year.  What lakes you want to hit?  I'm up in NE Ohio.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

thigpend6

• View Profile
I was planning on trying to fishing Alum and Buckeye. Also might try AEP if I can find time to get out there.

jaybird62

• PRO STAFF
  • another great day
    • View Profile
check in with david hohiesel i believe thats his stomping grounds
be safe, it aint no fun if you dont live to lie about it
IFO prostaff
NAFC life member

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
Definitely pair up with someone from this site or that you trust to have enough equipment to not put you on unsafe ice (spud bar, boot cleats, brain) and enough equipment to get you out if you go through (50 yards of rope, pfd, ice picks, whistle, cell phone, etc) And you will need someone to show you the ropes because the equipment necessary to get started might be a bit out of your budget when just starting up. (Ice auger being the most expensive at $50-$80 for a hand held -absolutely necessary if you don't want to make people mad by fishing their holes) go out with one of us first and if interested then the guys on this site will guide you in the right direction on which brand to buy and what to stay clear of.)
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

skunkedagain

• View Profile
Welcome aboard. The first time you pull a fish through the ice you Will become a lifer!

Vexilar