Ice Fish Ohio Forum
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

May 16, 2024, 04:23:28 AM

Author Topic: So whats the real scoop??  (Read 6258 times)

ndcocherl

• View Profile
So whats the real scoop??
« on: December 15, 2010, 06:43:35 PM »

Iv been keeping a close eye on the ice report and all i can see is that the ice is 5" to 7" at long island, and then another post after that one saying its 3" and people were fishing on it... So someone with a true answer please let us all know exactly whats goin on because im sure there are many of us sitting here chomping at the bit to get on the hardwater... and if you have been fishing the ice is anyone doing any good????? any replys greatly appreciated!! Thanks guys and be safe!

firefish532

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: So whats the real scoop??
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 07:20:57 PM »

sent you a personal message
Firefish

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 08:07:42 PM »

I started out at cranberry without a bite, there was 5'' of ice. Moved to north fork without a fish to put on the ice, did lose something big 3' from the whole. There was 6'' of ice at NF, measured it with a ruler. there is good ice pretty much everywhere, but absolutely nothing biting. Still make sure you use a spud cause there may be a bad spot. Everyone I spoke to said the same thing ''nothing biting". I'm not making the hour drive again until I see a post of fish being caught. :-[
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

spongebrain

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 08:13:04 PM »

Just got off at Blackhawk, 5" of great ice. 1 small eye this evening (13"?), threw him back. Good luck!

spongebrain

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 05:13:58 AM »

BTW....my buddy broke thru and soaked his leg right at the dock so be careful around the edges!!!

JustNutts

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 09:09:16 AM »

I started out at cranberry without a bite, there was 5'' of ice. Moved to north fork without a fish to put on the ice, did lose something big 3' from the whole. There was 6'' of ice at NF, measured it with a ruler. there is good ice pretty much everywhere, but absolutely nothing biting. Still make sure you use a spud cause there may be a bad spot. Everyone I spoke to said the same thing ''nothing biting". I'm not making the hour drive again until I see a post of fish being caught. :-[

Ill show you some fish crv.. just give me some time to make it down

firefish532

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2010, 07:14:31 PM »

Russ do we really want to start smack talkin already
Firefish

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

Apex

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2010, 07:21:58 PM »

I hope not, dont want to see this turn into another OGF

JustNutts

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2010, 07:50:15 PM »

must have missed the OGF deal...?? I really dont care firefish :) i had plenty of vibes thrown my way last year.. But more than anything id just like to make it down to take a break from what ive been doin, 4 hours of sleep since sat night..

JustNutts

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2010, 09:54:57 PM »

Well thats not the case here. PLENTY of information and lots of people willing to help. Just dont ask me what hole to fish from... I will say there are definatly some friendly competitions that go around. Its all about the fun man! We all are here for a reason, fun and fishin.

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2010, 10:12:09 AM »

I have to admit this site and I for 1 probally give out more info then any other site. Sometimes I give up too much info and regret it a little when you get some a-holes showing up leaving trash , and all the other crap out on the ice they don't want to carry back. I get pissed every year when I go to 1 of the popular places and you see butts all over the ice, wrappers, bait cups, small fish, you guys know the drill, if you bring it in take it out, if you snag it, do the right thing. I'll stop there.

JustNutts

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2010, 11:21:09 AM »

I agreee wapak ice dawg. Ive already seen ALL what you mentioned plus some.. makes ya sick eh?

networthy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2010, 09:35:08 PM »

Lets not bash OGF, it has been a great source of info for me, and I have given a great deal of it myself.  I would recommend following some of Jim Stedke's winter topics, he is a personal friend and will almost always tell everyone all of the details, as well as go out on your boat with you and teach you how to best use your equipment to catch the big ones.  Sorry for the rant, but I just hate to see another site get bashed.  What you also have to realize is that a lot of these guys are charter captains, and rely on some secrecy to put money in their pockets.  I'm done now, thanks.
Pages: [1]

Pages: [1]
Print Print

Vexilar