Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Erie

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Well to each his own I guess. And I hear you about the run out past Kelly's. It's an assbeater when it's rough. Good luck when you get back out.

PS been getting some decent eyes at caesars. Know you fish there so figured I'd let you know.

g

• View Profile
Thanks for the tip. There was a walleye tourney at Caesars Sat. Winning weight was 22 lbs. and big fish was over 6 lbs., beat the second biggest by .01 oz. Heard winning team caught them on spoons. A guy I work with came in 5th, 5 fish-9lbs. caught trolling flicker shads around Walkers Island. Good luck.

30inthabucket

• View Profile
Think I was fishing next to the guys that won it. They were killing em on spoons. How many fish do they weigh in? 5?

g

• View Profile
They weigh in 6 fish. Did you catch any big fish?

30inthabucket

• View Profile
Nothing real big. One 18 1/2 one 19 1/2. I was sick that all my spoons were at the house. Gonna try early sat. See if they are still biting.

g

• View Profile
Good luck to you, hope you catch some big ones. Don't know if I am going to hit Caesars this weekend or go to Erie. Definitely going somewhere though.

30inthabucket

• View Profile
Well i tried caesars yesterday morning but not one eye. Think they have moved from where I was catching them. Got one channel and a few crappie. And hooked something big that broke my rod tip and then dragged me out to 25 feet of water and wrapped me around a tree. Fun fight until then. Had to be a big cat or carp.

g

• View Profile
Could have been a muskie. Sorry to hear you didn't get any eyes. Didn't make it out this weekend, maybe one day this week. Going to Erie next weekend for sure. Hope for decent weather and favorable winds. Good luck when you get out again.

Vexilar