Ice Fish Ohio Forum

BUCKEYE REPORT....FISH ON!!

hardwateraddiction

• View Profile
Went out to Buckeye this morning with Doug Stewart to check things out.  Fairfield Beach ice seems fishable and entire lake locked up..even places that normally aren't.  Ice 4-5 inches thick at Fairfield as of 9 am this morning.  Gonna try my luck tommorow
"Trust me honey, with the price of fish what it is, all this equipment will pay for itself in no time at all!"

fishinsam

• View Profile
also fished fairfield beach today and good ice . marked a ton of fish but wouldnt hit anything.will be back at it tomorrow.

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Thanks for the ice reports. Please remember to the new guys that they were at Fairfield Beach and they were not at the Marsh yet. You must be carefull around the Island leading out to the Marsh if you are going out further. There is a aerator that keeps the water unfrozen and the ice is thin by it.

Be Safe and check your own ice!
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
Anyone do any good on the 15th?
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

fishinsam

• View Profile
adding on to daves comment. i did walk out and fish part of the marsh today ice was 4-6. ice is 2-3 closer to the marsh and there is no airrator running this year thank god. fished the point caught 2 crappie. will be back out tommorrow

hardwateraddiction

• View Profile
Didn't make it to Buckeye yesterday, went this morning from 8 till 2:30. Lots of marks but eyes not really feeding.  Seen NONE caught.  I caught 10 gills,  4 of which were nice size.  Seen a few crappie caught.  Ice close to the marsh was 5 in.  Heard of a few spots with 2 hits of the spud bar and through but experienced none myself.  Gear is dialed in and all in all a nice day. 
"Trust me honey, with the price of fish what it is, all this equipment will pay for itself in no time at all!"

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
Dave and I were on the ice the 16th, most ice was 5-6 but did find that 2 hit with the spud soft spot, so be careful if you go. we caught 5 nice gills, a keeper crappie, 1 catfish, and 1 10'' eye. I think I'll be on bed rest for a couple of days though, back problems from carrying Dave. ::) ::) No he did catch his fair share. Seemed like it was better panfishing towards the floating marsh and better saugeye towards the point at fairfeld, herd of a few small eyes being caught towards oakridge(I think they called it) but didn't see em with my own eyes.
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
When i catch them all he doesnt seem to take any photo's?
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
Jammin Jigs

fishinsam

• View Profile
fished yesterday the 16th. caught about 30 gills and 20 crappie with one perch. fished in 10 to twelve feet of water caught one crappie. then moved to 5 to 8 and killed them. caught on waxxys and some small minnows. good ice just still be carefull.

hardwateraddiction

• View Profile
Fished yesterday 12-19 with a buddy. Caught 1 perch, 20+gills, a few crappie, and 1 eye.  Out again today and about 20 gills and a few crappie.  Fishing went DOA at around 4 pm.  Maybe due to the front coming in?? Who knows.  Eyes still MIA and i"m out of ideas

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Good Job Hardwateraddiction.

I am going to leave crv at home and go with you. ;D
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
Jammin Jigs

smith07

• View Profile

hardwateraddiction

• View Profile
6 to 7 inches generally.  thicker in some areas.  quads in full force.  Remember to check your own ice though as some spots may be thinner and nobody wants to take an unplanned swim!  Good luck and happy holdidays and ice fishing to all!

Vexilar