Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Friday the 31'st

Hoss5355

• View Profile
Anyone thinking about heading out on Friday the 31st.  I'm trying to decide whether to try the lake or hit a pond or two. Looks like it will be bucket sitting weather.  Won't need the shanty tomorrow    ;D

droptine10

• View Profile
Me and my brother are hitting it all day, probobly start at ff beach, last time there I got 1 about 2-3 pounder right after dark christmas eve, but got skunked the time before, I will post ice conditions tommorow when I get in. Good luck out there, gonna be real slick.

Phil Carver

• View Profile
I drove through the 79 boat ramp lot on my way home this evening. There were people out from Fairfield Beach all the way to the marsh. TONS of open water on the north shore though. :( Be careful everyone.

Hoss5355

• View Profile
I stopped by on my way home and fished a little bit at sundown around fairfield beach.  No fish, but the ice was holding up pretty good.  A little water on top.  Had 5-6 inches of ice where we drilled 2 holes.  Shore ice is starting to look bad.  North shore looked real bad.  I did swing through there also, and there was open water there.

Vexilar