Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Where to go

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
Ok guys I have a weekend without the kids and am wanting to take the wife out to some new places ice fishing. With that being said does anyone have any reports? I am really looking for reports from closer to central oh. I'm not opposed to a drive but would like to keep it within an hr give or take. Im close to marion. I really enjoy pan fishing (gills, crappie, perch) but I am always up to give it a shot for eyes too. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Not looking for anything specific just a lake in general that is assessable. I also wouldn't be opposed to meeting up with someone if anyone is going out.

Thanks guys

muskarp

• View Profile
I checked Indian today. Long island area. Bridge had open water under it. The ice I checked was a little thin for all my gear and how I was planning to fish ( full tip-up spread) right at 3". Headed up to KPWA. Checked up ground, all frozen. Didn't walk down to check thickness. Hit pond 33, 3" with a small hole by a tree strait out from the ramp and a second open area out to the right. Checked pond 30. All froze but shore ice too thin to get out to check main sheet. They all might be good to go in the morning. But be advised of the areas I mentioned were open today.

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
Seems like 33 always has that spot to the right that's open. The upfront had a lot better ice last weekend than 33 did. Still not sure where to go in the am but I'm going somewhere.

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
I wnet to killdeer today and fished the upground ice was 6-8'' fished for about 4 hrs and only had one bite. That lake make me so mad! i know there are fish there but I cant figure them out. think im gonna try bucyrus tomorrow.

Vexilar