Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Ordered another new ice toy! (hydrowave mini)

g

• View Profile
Can't complain about my wife either. A lot of times she asks me if it is time for me to go fishing. She doesn't care what I buy as long as I have the money. She even told me to buy the last boat I bought and snowmobile and trailer. She is a good woman. Didn't get to deep sea fish on my honeymoon but we did camp and bass fish in Florida on my honeymoon.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I didn't do any honeymoon fishing, but for our tenth anniversary celebration she surprised me with a trip to one of the best trout rivets in West Virginia. Best vacation ever!  And when we go to the beach every year I never get complaints about shark fishing in my kayak every day for 2 weeks!  ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

quackpot

• View Profile
My wife's days off start on Sunday night, so weekends are just don't wake her up. The money we make belongs to ourselves but I get half of hers.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
That's a pretty sweet gig!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Yeah no kidding. She got a sister? JK :o
I just tried to explain the hydrowave to the wife. She seems skeptical. Lol. She never seems to think my ideas are as good as I do

quackpot

• View Profile
30 I heard that same comment when I was loading the Thompson the wife bought me. Or them wanted adopted. This is on my list to get this year.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Mine arrived last night!   Looks awesome and sounds great. Love it, very light weight so it won't add anything to the shanty weight. The only thing I don't like is the battery cover screws on, so if you're 9 volt dies on the ice switching batteries will suck.  Other than that, it's awesome!

Team Wilcraft!

quackpot

• View Profile

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Me too, but with my luck and cold fingers I can see that screw going down the hole!  >:(

Team Wilcraft!

g

• View Profile
Maybe you can replace the screw with a wingnut, depending where the battery compartment is.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Possible, I'd have to see how small they make the nuts. It's on the back of the unit so it wouldn't affect anything. Once you turn it on, I'll probably just lay it in the console of my shanty with the microphone down the hole. I think I'll just drill a hole off to the side of the holes I'm fishing in and put the mic in there. A Vex in my fishing hole is enough.  Cameras and now the hydrowave won't be in a hole that a line goes in. Too much risk of tangles and lost fish.

Team Wilcraft!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
hey slab let me get this right / you need 3 holes to fish per rod ? that must be progress eh    heheh. actually I want to catch up with you on the ice soi can try out all the new electronics..... 8)
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Sure!  I will put 4 holes in the shanty now. 1 off to the side for the microbiology and 3 for fishing, the Vex in the middle and 2 rods. Can't wait to fish together again, we always have fun! !

Team Wilcraft!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
yeah slab well do it again , we can drill lots of holes...  eheheh
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar