Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Aqua-Vu micro AV field test--WITH PIC!

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Spent more time messing with my camera than fishing today. Awesome little unit, love  it!  Can rotate the screen anyway you want. Also it has little hooks so you can clip the cable on for normal, up, or down viewing. Color screen let me see the difference between green and dead brown weeds. This is an awesome tool and the whole thing can fit in my jacket pocket which is nice for hole hopping.  Can put vex in one hand, auger in the other and have the camera in your pocket for easy and fast access. It'll change the way I search for fish!!  Highly recommend it!!  If I had a hat cam I'd have made a YouTube video.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 01:08:50 PM by slabslayer »
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Icetester

• View Profile
Sounds sweet, I only use my cam for finding the right weed beds. The vex does the rest. This tool is better than dragging the blocky cam around. Might be next years purchase. Thanks for the info.

jaybird62

• PRO STAFF
  • another great day
    • View Profile
a guy fishing grand lake showed me his the other day show me his new micro.  cool as hell.   u could even see the screen in the light.  my aqua cam cant do that  always had to been in a darkened shanty to see the screen
be safe, it aint no fun if you dont live to lie about it
IFO prostaff
NAFC life member

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yea, I agree. Could see the screen no matter which angle I held it at, even laid it on the ice and could still see it. The whole thing weighs ounces, same as my smart phone as compared to pounds with my old camera. Really cuts down on size/weight of gear in my shanty sled. It's the best purchase I've made since my vex. It makes carrying a camera useful and relevant again.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

jaybird62

• PRO STAFF
  • another great day
    • View Profile
well said slab
be safe, it aint no fun if you dont live to lie about it
IFO prostaff
NAFC life member

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
that camera is sweet I know when it first hit the market I looked at it and knew I wanted it, but other matters came up..im like you I would mess with it more than fishin but that's ok...hopefully I can get one and use it up on erie ..
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Here's a pic of the screen.  It's MUCH clearer and sharper looking at the camera, but you can see a tree limb in the upper left and a crappie just below it.  Took this at Deer Creek this morning!  Really cool!!!!

Team Wilcraft!

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Looks like my " Wish List" just got a little longer.

We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
It's awesome. I love you can see the screen in any light conditions. No more trying to get my body in just the right spot to see the picture.   ;D

Team Wilcraft!

zoeconner

• View Profile
    • QuickFishTipUp
Is there any way to use it full time while jigging?
The first tip up that can be fished on ice and land.

www.quickfishtipup.com

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yes. It has a clip where it can look up.  Lower it below your bait and the fish and watch everything from below. It's really cool!

Team Wilcraft!

zoeconner

• View Profile
    • QuickFishTipUp
Do you have to always hold it in your hand or is it safe to set on a bucket?
The first tip up that can be fished on ice and land.

www.quickfishtipup.com

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
It can go on a bucket, heck, I've set mine directly on the ice. There's a small cord reel on the back of the device, so your device isn't in direct contact with the ice, just the cable reel. If you set it on the ice, just make sure you don't knock it down the hole, it could fit in there easily.

Team Wilcraft!

Vexilar