Ice Fish Ohio Forum

tough bite

crv423 · 9 · 5690

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
Fishing has been reel tough on alum, at least for myself and others I have spoken too. I've been out 3 days this week on some of my favorite eye spots that have produce several big eyes in the past, and haven't caught 1 yet. I know it's not because I'm not in the right depth because I have fished in just about every depth out there. It's not that I'm not using the right lure or color, I've thrown every thing in the box at them. I'm marking fish and getting some sniffs they just won't take it. Maybe with this warm up coming they'll turn on, when they do I'll post it, but for now if you were planning a trip, i'd plan it to another lake.
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

Green Pea

• View Profile
I'm getting the same results over here at CJ Brown Reservoir. Last night I marked tons of fish the entire time I was there and each time would only get a sniff.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Same deal at berlin,lookers no takers
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
same bite at mosquito,nimi,wingfoot,  one day good ;D >:( next  slow , I notice the water is dirtier than usual for this time of year...
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

bp17oang

• View Profile
Out of 3,300 + acres of ice to fish, there has to be fish somewhere in this lake besides down at the New Galena ramp.   Has anyone ventured around the lake and had any luck?

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
I've fished 6 times in 1 and a half weeks, the north pool, marina area, dog park point, beach, and the road bed, an All I caught was 1 small crappie, and 1 small catfish. I might try again thurs. or fri. I'll post what I find if anything at all.
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

fishingislife

• View Profile
Something is up with alum this ice season....  at first I thought it was just me but I come to find out that just about everyone I have talked to is having the same results.  More skunked days then fish! 

bp17oang

• View Profile
I think I am going to try up around Howard Rd. ramp Friday afternoon.  If I don't get anything going up there I am going to move down to the parking area on the west side of the lake at 36/37.

bp17oang

• View Profile
If I don't get anything on Alum I am driving up to Pleasant Hill.  I hear they are nailing the crappie and perch up there. 

Vexilar