Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Clam Auger Conversion Plate

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Anybody have the Clam Conversion Plate? I'm getting Rotator Cuff Surgery this week (Thursday 11/12)....and pondering whether to get a Cordless Drill & the Clam Conversion Kit for this upcoming season for usage with my Nils 6" Hand Auger
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

1BigIcehole

• View Profile
Good luck on your surgery. I had my right done about 7 years ago, and it has done great.
I don't know what that conversion plate is, but I am going to research it.

fool4fish

• View Profile
I don't have the clam plate I just bought the nimrod adapter piece did 13 holes of 15" ice on  st .Clair last year with 5" blade one 18 v battery portercable I like the clam just feel the clam cost a lot more and adds weight to your situation which I don't feel is good for your cuff mills farm n fleet 30 bucks shipped worked good hope it helps
It goes without saying if its anything worth doing might as well do it right

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Thanks BigIceHole.  From what I understand, the new micro surgery reduces recovery & heal time tremendously.  We'll see. Hopefully I'll be ready when ice is here in NE Ohio
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I had the micro in may and was back to finishing concrete in 7 working days. 11 total with weekends. No problems at all. It'll do great, and if there's no bone spurs needing shaved the recovery will be faster. But you'll want a drill, hand cranking will be a little sore on the shoulder.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
I just got mine last week and haven't had a chance to use it yet. Ratherbe fishing had it last year and loved it. Very well made and worth the money.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

ratherbefishing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I recommend the auger conversion to everyone. It's extremely lightweight and the design takes the strain off of your body in a way that other conversions can't. I have mine paired with a Dewalt 985 20 volt Li-Ion powered drill. I have two 4 amp hour batteries which I keep next to my body under my coat. I am able to drill 35 holes in 22" of ice on a single charge.
Good Fishin'

Ryan Kerns

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff
Vexilar Pro Staff
Clam Pro Staff

Ask me about:
Ice Safety
Vexilar Flashers
Lake St. Clair
Canadian Fishing
C.J. Brown
Indian Lake
Jason Mitchell Rods/Ice Armor by Clam
Panfish
Walleye
Saugeye

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
My Clam Conversion Plate Unit arrived promptly & complete with enclosed Adaptor Shaft.

But.... found out the Adapator Shaft is for hollow ice augers, not the solid end as my Nils Orange Convertible Auger. (Clam did not relay that information eventhough I exchanged a few emails regarding this matter with them).

... Working on getting an Adaptor from Icegator at the moment.... Will keep everyone updated on this endeavor so nobody else has to endure the same challenges.

Vexilar