Ice Fish Ohio Forum

C'mon cold!

Strongpersuader

• View Profile
Gettin antsy. Need to get out again. Maybe thurs or Fri if it gets cold overnight the next few days. 8)

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Should be good by weekend!!  I'm going to try Nimi in about an hour, we'll see what happens.  It was good last night before the rain, I have a plank, really want to get on, I can't fish until next Monday after today. But if I cannot get out this morning, I know it'll be good by Monday!!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Strongpersuader

• View Profile
Cool Slab, let us know what it's like. I might make it this afternoon if good.

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Good time to reorganize, repair & replace your gear, equipment & tackle while we wait for the next cold spell.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Nimi is NO GO!!!!  I fished with steelneyes for an hour, few gills, but it was bad getting on and worse getting off. You stand and your boot would melt into the ice after a minute or 2. Edges are water 3' off shore. Had to plank out. Not safe or worth the trip. We could hear it melting. Time to wait for the weekend now.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Strongpersuader

• View Profile
Thanks for the update Slab, much appreciated.

steelneyes

• View Profile
Hey Strong,
I drove by DC yesterday afternoon during the rain and it looked really bad.  As SS mentioned, we fished Nimi in some not wise conditions.  Would like to hit DC if things firm up here like they should.  This thaw is my fault, got a new shanty this weekend.  Last one was Slabslayers for getting the new camera.
Don't hurry out and get a power auger, you'll make it 70 degrees and rainy next week!
Spud one, spud two, if it went through, so will you!

Strongpersuader

• View Profile
Yea I picked up my new shanty sat... So it's not all your guy's fault... Hopefully by the weekend. Maybe the 3 of us can hook up and get some positive mojo goin... Turn it around. Ha

steelneyes

• View Profile
I'm definately in for that, branching out and trying new lakes and areas this year.  I moved to Akron from Cleveland so there are many more oppotunities less than an hour away.  Crossing fingers and toes that this next ice lasts more than a few days.  Its been hard to check out unknown lakes and areas given the conditions and my times I can get out.  By my recollection, 4 rainy warm weekends in a row.  Looks like we'll at least break that trend this week.
Spud one, spud two, if it went through, so will you!

Strongpersuader

• View Profile
Just drove over Rockwell, edges locked back up already. It's coming.

Strongpersuader

• View Profile
Guys, area ice is going to make much quicker with the wind we are suppose to get and no snow!

Icetester

• View Profile

Strongpersuader

• View Profile
Wow, check out the next two weeks on accuweather. Those are some serious overnight lows. Bout time.

A@C

• View Profile
Wow, check out the next two weeks on accuweather. Those are some serious overnight lows. Bout time.

Need to get that portable hotel set up on Deer Creek SOON !!!!!

Strongpersuader

• View Profile
Yea I may swing by deer creek today and check it out. Apparently there were some shantys on Nimi yesterday. You wanna try it Chuck? Or anyone else for that matter ?

Vexilar