Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Most overlooked game fish in America

Banker · 5 · 4607

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
The most overlooked game fish in America resides is almost every body of water imaginable...espeically small ponds.

Carp fishing is fun, use corn on a hook and a sinker and setup your rod as a tight line propping it up on a stick in the shape of a Y dug into the ground or against a rock. Holding it puts too much action in the line- want it tight and not moving- then sit back and relax- Carp work the shallows of the pond for stuff on the bottom and move around alot - eventually they will find your corn and you will be in for a ride- use at least 10 lb test and hold on :)
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Dave is a carp pro,saw him land two at  alum this fall,he doesn't use corn though,think it was Higgins rap..smallest size!maybe he used corn for saugeyes! :P
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I love to carp fish too, but I do it on 6 pound test and a noodle rod.  Its taken me over half an hour to land some of the carp in the local Monument Park here in Canton.  I've got them oveer 20 pounds and 3 feet long.  I use a no. 10 circle hook and a tiny Wonder Bread dough ball, that brand works best of any I've tried.  I love the light line because it forces me to be patient and not to force the fish in, something that helps me if I have a giant bass on or am fighting a big shark! ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

TURKEY09

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
Try lima beans. You'll be surprised how well they work.
turkey09

buddachiefer

Nothing like shooting a carp with a bow, I tried it a few years back for the first time and its a blast, whenever I'm out on my boat, my bow is right next to me.

Vexilar