Ice Fish Ohio Forum

New ice shanty!

Minnowhead

• View Profile
Just saw this and think it will be my next purchase!  I have been a cabin style shanty guy because I love having a floor under me. But always felt it a pain to be mobile. Tear down and set up takes forever in a cabin style compared to the flip over shanties. I just can't stand putting my expensive electronics, feet, gear and heater on the bare ice.  Throw in a melted slushy surface and you have a mess in your shanty.  I think Shappell found the perfect solution for me. It even has a sliding bench, electronics shelf and all folds into a mobile tub! Very cool idea. http://shappell.com/iceshelters/bayrunnersledcabin.html
Throwing ice cubes in the lake all summer long!

OldSailor

• View Profile
If you get one please let us know how it works out!! What kind of price are they asking for it ???
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever is playing Michigan!!!

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks guys, I'm going to check that out. $320 not bad, that's less than I paid for my Frabill with no floor.  I put a piece of construction foam on the ice for insulation and keeps my stuff out of the slush, but it's not real functional.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
the only thing I can say about the flip up shanties is, be prepared to replace the hardware that comes with it. I know of 2 people besides myself who bought Clams and the bolt heads literally popped off while tightening them.

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
That sounds like a nice unit.

I have always used the Clam products and they are a sponsor of the site.

I have the one man Jason Mitchell Thermal. I really like it as it is very light and fits into my Forerunner. It is also very lite.

This year a picked up the Denali II TC - 2 man back-to-back w/Dlx seats & Therm Cap. I am really excited to see how a back to back unit fishes.

Here is the link to it. http://clamoutdoors.com/ice_fishing/denali-ii-tc.html

As far as the screws popping i think 2 years ago. Clam had their hardware made in China and it was junk. They have now gone back to US for the hardware and you will not have this problem. If by chance there is a problem with any Clam product they have excellent customer service.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

Bryan

• View Profile

As far as the screws popping i think 2 years ago. Clam had their hardware made in China and it was junk. They have now gone back to US for the hardware and you will not have this problem. If by chance there is a problem with any Clam product they have excellent customer service.
In this day and age...makes you wonder why a manufacturer uses China for anything other than Chinese food.
Captain Bryan Oetting
Middle Bass Island Ohio
Lake Erie

Otter's island water taxi

OldSailor

• View Profile

In this day and age...makes you wonder why a manufacturer uses China for anything other than Chinese food.
X2--- ::)
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever is playing Michigan!!!

OIM

• Manager of Retail Operations with Sportsmen's Dire
    • View Profile
    • Sportsmen's Direct
We will have this unit on our floor soon.

36072 Jefferson Ave
Harrison Twp, Mi 48045
In the heart of the action on Lake St. Clair

Vexilar