Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Mr. Jon Middleton Sr.(Mrphish42), My Best Friend, Has Passed Away

bassmastermjb

• View Profile
What can you say about someone who touched everyone he met? My best friend passed away Saturday morning. He fell ill Friday evening while we were ice fishing, doing something he loved dearly. I was hoping my mom, who passed away 3 months, could pull a couple strings with the big guy up in heaven, but sometimes prayers and hope just aren't enough. Mr. Jon will be missed but forever loved, life won't be the same without him. The legacy you left will be passed on with the same passion you instilled in all of us. Thank you for always being there for me and the times we spent together. You will always be in my heart...........Mark Burkey

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
My condolances to you. Always tough to lose your fishin buddy!  I lost my best friend and fishing buddy when I was 22 and he was 21. It's tough, but like you said, at least he was enjoying some time one the ice the night before! 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Strongpersuader

• View Profile

Treble

• View Profile
Hey Mark, this Is Diver Down. Its been awhile.... Im really sorry buddy. We sure cant replace people like that in our lives.

trapperjon

• View Profile
I miss him so much already. when I got the call yesterday I was fishing with jig's he gave me and was catching fish, 50+ yrs ago my dad used to take jon fishing with him which became a lifelong passion. they became so close that I was named after him,  I'm sure that jon, my dad, and my brother and so many more lost fishin' buddy's are sitting on a pond somewhere.  love you jonny  miss you so much    jon nitzsche
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 11:18:19 AM by trapperjon »

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
Wow, that is something no one wants to hear. Thoughts to all who knew him personally. I know I will miss his posts around the boards.
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

SlabJunkie

• View Profile
So sad, he was such a great guy to fish with and be around. He will be missed by so many people.

Evin
SlabJunkie

Pro Staff
icefishohio.com

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
condolence's  always  :'(
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
I am so sorry to here about Jon's passing. He was also a pro-staff member on the site. Jon was a extremely great writer and loved to ice fish. He gave us
the best information about ice fishing.

I just feel bad that i did not have time to touch base with him before he passed. He will be dearly missed.

Rest in peace, Jon from the IFO family.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Jon was a local legend in the outdoor community eventhough he would "down-play it".

He was admired not only for his outdoor skills & knowledge, but moreso for his demeanor and ability to make genuine friends as soon as you met him. He had no reservations whatsover to help one become a better outdoors person.. whether it was as a hunter or fisherman.

Mark, you were blessed to be by his side during his last ice fishing venture.

I feel fortuntate in getting the opportunity to ice fish with him at Nimisila (C-5) during our first ice phase this ice season.... just a couple of weeks ago. It was the last time we sat next to each other in the ice shanty catching gills.

There hadnt been a week gone by that we werent in contact with each other.

I already miss him.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
We all feel the loss whether we know it or not,his family and friends will be in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I feel fortuntate in getting the opportunity to ice fish with him at Nimisila (C-5) during our first ice phase this ice season.... just a couple of weeks ago. It was the last time we sat next to each other in the ice shanty catching gills.

Was this the same Jon I met that day out at Nimi?  Older gentleman, catching gills?  Such a shame, the only time I met him, but he seemed like an awesome person, really wish we could've fished together more!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Yeah Slabslayer, that was Jon you met at Nimmy.  Our last time on ice.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

Vexilar