Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Let me know your opinion.

crv423 · 25 · 12746

hmaster

• View Profile
crv423 is my dad   8), the bass tasted great, keep bringing them home.

xrider

• View Profile
A legal fish is yours to keep, release  or what ever you want. Fish do taste better through the Ice.  :D

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Ok I guess he is right.

I just hope he doesnt catch anymore bass so i can catch them in the tournaments ;D
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

Hillbilly

• View Profile
you can thank the great "Save The Bass" movement from the middle 80's on for the slack you caught. That mentality, that bass arent fit to eat(a complete falsehood, dont care who you are) you shouldnt keep them(another falsehood), and you should feel bad if you do, is out-dated, and silly. Heck some bodies of water in Ohio are realising the lack of harvest is hurting the fishery, and have lowered or changed bag/size limits.

Im a tournament angler, and i love to see folks keep some bass. I do myself, normally once or twice a year.

And along the lines of big fish, i dont know many, if any folks who would turn an 8lb walleye/saugeye loose, its either eaten or mounted...i cant see for the life of me a reason why a bass should be any different.

ya know at one time in our world, using leeches to "purify" the blood was a medical option, but we dont do that anymore do we? lets get with the times. Bass are a sunfish(yep), and i believe only good things will come from folks keeping some. The limits are low, size limits in place for a reason.

buddachiefer

I ate bass for the first time this year, and let me tell ya it won't be the last one I eat.

gimme ice

• View Profile
I don't keep bass. Better catching than eating.  I would have released it.  JMO. But...caught legally and it's your plate of choice, go for it.  ;)

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
iT'S YOUR CHOICE, NOT THERES.  I've done both in my time on the ice.  If I keep one, it'll be a 1-2b LMB.  The bigger ones I always release.

We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

chaunc

• View Profile
If i feel like eating bass i'll keep them. If not i'll throw em back. Rather eat smallmouth than largemouth tho. Sorta like perch over walleye.

threeten

• View Profile
a legal fish=a legal fish.
yours to do as you wish! period

Treble

• View Profile
Some people believe they're an authority on everything. Don't let them waste a minute of your life arguing, about what's right for you.  If you think they tastes good, then eat them.

Vexilar