Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Please Welcome Ice Phisher to the Pro Staff

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
I would like to welcome Ice Phisher to our Pro Staff. Ice Phisher will be covering the North East Ohio lakes. As a past Outdoor writer and many years of Ice Fishing experience i look forward to his posts.

Welcome Aboard
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

ice phisher

• View Profile
Thanks for your welcome to this part of ICEFISHOHIO.......Sorry hadn't responded sooner, but have been in the midst of recouping from the loss of my "pal and protector"....My Welch Corgi (who was one heck of family dog)...and also the sudden loss of an old hunting and fishing companion of many years....to cancer......This crazy snow pattern has put quite a halt to fishing several of my regular areas......with what was up to 12" of snow already covering many lakes and now an additional 4 to 6" more... when all is said and done...No question about it....pulling a shanty full of gear out in that much snow, really can cut down on outings.....Hopeful that things will moderate... in the week ahead......safe trips out for all that make it, where these snows have done there thing........
Ice Phisher,

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Glad to have you aboard.  I'm in NE ohio as well, maybe we can fish sometime.  Nice to have another pro-staffer.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

ratherbefishing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I'm glad to have some very important representation coming from your end of the state guys. I'd love to have a good reason to get up that way.

Good Fishin'

RatherBe
Good Fishin'

Ryan Kerns

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff
Vexilar Pro Staff
Clam Pro Staff

Ask me about:
Ice Safety
Vexilar Flashers
Lake St. Clair
Canadian Fishing
C.J. Brown
Indian Lake
Jason Mitchell Rods/Ice Armor by Clam
Panfish
Walleye
Saugeye

ice phisher

• View Profile
Well...as I get to spend more time reading various posts......I believe there is a great start of interesting members, that will be an asset to this site.....I am a real believer in "KNOWLEDGE IS POWER".......But more important..... is the ability to share that knowledge, among others....Sites like this will draw less informed/totally new/ and the somewhere in between....Thats where those at the top of there game......"experience wise" need to totally be able to help pass on "info" and leave the ("ME and EGO") aspect.... totally aside. In my 50+ plus years of ice fishing..... the biggest thing that I have learned.....is just that. "NEVER STOP LEARNING"........You totally cheat yourself, when you develope that "I'm the best/ no one knows more than me and my way is the only way, attitude".....IF ANY ONE CAN SHOW ME AN EASIER WAY/A QUICKER WAY/A MORE PRODUCTIVE WAY.......I'M GOING TO BE THE FIRST TO SAY " BLESS EM' AND A GREAT BIG THANK YOU. THE FOUNDERS OF THIS SITE... SEEM VERY INTENT ON MAKING THIS A PREMIERE ICE FISHING SITE AND FOR THEIR EFFORTS.....I GIVE THEM "TWO THUMBS UP"........I HOPE THAT I CAN ADD SOME HUMOR....GIVE A LITTLE INSITE...AND JUST MAYBE, PASS ON SOME GOOD/USEFUL/INTELLIGENT AND EYE OPENING INFORMATION........IN LIFE WE QUICKLY LEARN "NOTHING IS PROMISED......AND 99% MUST BE EARNED"...BUT IT IS WHAT EACH OF US MAKE OUT OF THAT 99%... THAT IS THE BASIS FOR OUR TOTAL EXISTENCE.........AND THAT BRINGS US BACK TO THE NEED FOR KNOWLEDGE.
Ice Phisher,

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

ice phisher

• View Profile
SLABSLAYER..........RATHERBEFISHING AND BANKER.......THANK ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR WELCOME AND YOUR WORDS. Looking forward to (at some point in time) being able to come in to contact with each and every one of you guys.......whether it be on the ice...or at some social group function.......Time for me is at a premium the balance of this ice season.....as my main fishing partner is in the midst of opening up his new bait and tackle store...Seeing this get off the ground .....is very important to me and I'll be giving him all the physical support that this venture requires..........For those of you in the North East Part of the state......I listed his shop.... in the Bait Shop section.......so look there for information and directions and come out to see us at the shop... at grand opening time... March 1st.......MARKS BAIT AND TACKLE.   I'LL still try to post some fishing reports and other info.....great fishing to each and every one of you and be safe our there.................jON sR.
Ice Phisher,

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

davek

• Dave Brett Dan
    • View Profile
Amen you pretty much said it all and my condolences on your losses I lost my icing mentor 2 years ago to cancer and like you have welch corgis, my son lost his loyal female this summer. If you are interested down the road we raise them and make frequent trips to ohio.

ice phisher

• View Profile
davek.......thank you for your kind words and info..........will keep you in mind. have a safe remainder of this winter season........jON sR.
Ice Phisher,

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

JustNutts

Ice Phisher- sounds like im missin all the action over here and figured I better speak up and welcome you aboard as well. Hope to meet up with you sometime, sounds like there wisdom to be had

bassmastermjb

• View Profile
Jon(Ice Phisher) don't give up on me. I know things will be a little hectic the next couple of months, but the best ice fishing is yet to come. I'll do whatever it takes to get us back out on the ice, all this snow is just a little setback. We're not done yet.........Mark

ice phisher

• View Profile
Russ......Thanks for the welcome also.....Don't know if your missin much. As far as wisdom goes...I'm kinda an older guy... that has spent one heck of alot of time on frozen water and just totally "LOVES TO SEE THE NEW SURGE OF ICE FISHERMEN" that are starting to reappear here in our state... after the decline.... since the middle 80"s. Last 3 or 4 years, have seen a better up turn and in my area.... there has been a real numbers increase this year. That's fantastik!!!!!!! Well thanks again..........great fishin to you.... jON sR.
Ice Phisher,

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

ice phisher

• View Profile
Bassmastermjb......You walk better on water in the winter.... than you do in the other nine months of the year.......Wonder why?......"Not given up on the ice"... still need a couple trips to hit that goal of at least 30 trips on the ice... if seasons will permit .....Just plenty to get done as the "flames grow higher"......Hope that there are plenty of guys on this site... now and as it "GROWS" that will have an opportunity to find out what a great and knowledgeable bait shop owner and fisherman you are, here in our part of the state......best of luck...jON sR. PS HOPE that DAVID HOHEISEL WILL (IN HIS TRAVELS) GET TO COME UP TO YOUR SHOP AND MEET SOME OF THE GUYS IN THIS AREA..........
Ice Phisher,

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

JustNutts

ICE PHISHER--
As far as new fisherman I think its great as well. Im fairly young, 26 and have been fishing since I was 4 or 5 and Ive had my 2- 3yr old girls fishing with me for 2 years now on lakes and ponds. Its something that gets in your blood, hope they can take what I have to offer as well as myself from someone else. Theres always something worthwhile to savor from everything.

jaybird62

• PRO STAFF
  • another great day
    • View Profile
good to have you with us  ice phisher
be safe, it aint no fun if you dont live to lie about it
IFO prostaff
NAFC life member

ice phisher

• View Profile
jaybird62........Thanks for the welcome aboard.........and I wish you good fishin.....jON sR.
Ice Phisher,

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

Vexilar