Ice Fish Ohio Forum

the ice, my boat and my buddy at wingfoot

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
like all days in ohio hang around 10 minutes the weather will change. woke up with the intention of fishing this morning, but after going outside and shoveling snow......   from out of my boat :P threw all the gear in and picked up my fishin buddy.... stopped at mogadore bait for some waxies and maggs, with some friendly chatter with some fellow locals. locked in the 4 wheel drive and proceeded down to the road to the ramp ,, ;D  but wait theres too much skim ice to launch.  :o ... now at this point cabin fever is driving so off to wingfoot ... 8) ....went up to the new launch and was pleasently suprised to see mostly open water   :D...SPLASH went the boat, and off we go ... oh yeah its about noon by now.  ;) now thinking we would be loners on the lake there was another  boat out there  8)..  so buzzing to the deep spot we dropped our offerings in the water and zap.. it wasnt so cold and snowy anymore . we were pulling nice fat gills in the boat, crappies, bass....our insanity melted into  yehaws and laughter as we threw our catches in the bottom of the boat, about 35 fish at later count..of course we thrashed some ice and watched the eagle fly over us  ;D ;D ;D.....so this is my story to you and some pics hopefully to get a smile on your face . looks like tomm well be there again  ;).... so if you go by yes that nut job fishin out there is me and my buddy......
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Nice catch. I need to get out there soon and get some of that action.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Me too.  Thinking of taking the boat out next week if I have no work.  If I go you want me to give you a call Tim, I'd pick you up, or we could meet at the lake?
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
That sounds good. I can meet you there anytime as long as something doesn't come up. I think my number has changed so I will pm it to you.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Awsome, I'll look for it.  Hope it works out!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Would you want to limit it to ice gear only, or bring our softwater gear?  Just curious because I've got new ice gear I haven't tried yet.  Let me know.

Team Wilcraft!

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
I am glad someone is catching them. I had a bad start this spring. Thanks for sharing your catch with us.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

Vexilar