Ice Fish Ohio Forum

New Shanty

Strongpersuader

• View Profile
Well after a lot of research and reflecting, going with a Shappell DX4000. A huge upgrade from my older Viking. Hopefully it will be here by Friday. Anyone else have one or any opinions?

jaybird62

• PRO STAFF
  • another great day
    • View Profile
i fished in a friends shappell 2000 series once. really liked it.  i was looking at the dx 4000 the other night. im gonna replace my old eskimo traveller soon.. i really liked the headroom and the carpeted floor and despite the weight it pulled very easy with the ski system.
be safe, it aint no fun if you dont live to lie about it
IFO prostaff
NAFC life member

ADAD1640

• View Profile
i have the 3500--about 7 years old--is still in great shape and easy to set up and the carpeted floor is warm---i would like to get the bigger model 4000 next --i am 6-2 and can almost stand up in it --

Minnowhead

• View Profile
Your gonna love it.  Shappell makes a great , comfortable shanty to ice fish out of.  I have the 3000 and really like the carpeted floor and most important, the head room. Standing up and stretching is a must for me when out on the ice. I also like the ski system for pulling out in any conditions. Your 4000 should have enough room to host the SuperBowl  ;D
Throwing ice cubes in the lake all summer long!

Strongpersuader

• View Profile
Minnowhead, any mods that you have done or know of?

Minnowhead

• View Profile
I put the ski system on mine. I also got those hanging shelves (Clam?) and the really help keep things off the ground. I usually put my bulk items in a Shappell JetSled. I will stack it on top of my collapsed shanty and bungee it down to it.  Dragging it across parking lots and in snow makes it a breeze. I think I got Frabil velcro LED light and velcro hook to hang my jacket. Just hang these and a golf towell from the above poles in your shanty. Hope this helps
Throwing ice cubes in the lake all summer long!

Strongpersuader

• View Profile
Shanty arrived. Heading to pymie to pick the bad boy up tomorrow. A big thanks to Chuck over at A&C for putting me in the right direction on locating one. If he don't have it he will find it for you. Saved me some bucks too, couldn't find a better deal anywhere. Thanks for your help man!

Vexilar