Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Remember safety tomorrow!

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
If anyone heads out tomorrow, PLEASE USE EXTREME CAUTION!  With the temps and wind chills as they are you can find yourself in an extremely dangerous situation very fast. Frostbite can set in within minutes, and with a lot of iffy ice, it's important to spud!!!  A fall thru the ice can be lethal with tomorrow's conditions. I'm not saying don't fish, if I didn't have to work, I'd be out. But, Please dress appropriately for the weather and leave no exposed skin, and once you find the fish set up your shanty and heater!!  We don't any injuries to our members!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

joewallguy

• View Profile
Man I had a close call this afternoon. Was on some ice and a big section I was on got crazy on me. Very soft and i must have pushed it down 5" with every step. Friend 20 yards away said he never seen that before. Saw me sinking. Said he could hardly see my feet. I was puckered I know that. Was Fine right near there. So yeah. Please be more careful than I was today. It was about -5 at this point and we had a long walk to the car. I would have been an icecube

joewallguy

• View Profile
Thanked God for that one when I was home and in the hot shower.

Also it was so cold, the lake firmed up a lot in the 3or so hrs we fished. Needed planks to get on the ice and none to get off. Back at it wed.

g

• View Profile
Remember to take an extra set of clothes in case the unfortunate happens. I take a towel with me too so I can dry off before putting on dry clothes. Have joined the Polarbear club before and was glad to have dry clothes to change into. Safety should always be top priority so spud your way out, carry a rope, fish with a buddy, and wear your ice picks. Be safe and enjoy.

Vexilar