Ice Fish Ohio Forum

2-19-11

mitch131

• PRO STAFF
  • there always next year
    • View Profile
im going to go to wingfoot one more time this year before i call it a done year i hope they are bitting good. :o
marcum
strikemaster
jammin jigs
artic armour

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
They will bite. I got a new spot I want to try tomorrow. I got a good feeling about it. And if all else fails you know where we will end up and whats there.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
gonna be at wingfoot sat?  have u tried red worms? not many people use them maybe fish arent used to seeing them and would take them.
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
Is the ice still good there?  Thinking about trying it Sunday afternoon.  Any updates appreciated.
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

TURKEY09

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile

mbass8dor

• View Profile
                                   Hello Guys,
My buddy and I were out there also Sat. I tried marking some real bad spots with branches making an X to mark that spot, But either the wind or people unknowingly moved them from 1 real bad spot!!!!!!! There's a huge auger hole that had a thin sheet of ice on it, It broke as soon as I tapped my toe on it!!!!! I didn't want someone getting hurt or worse! Hardwaterjunky, Did you see the 3 adult Bald Eagles flying around? We got a real good look at one up close to the shanty! I love watching them flying around our area. Open water around the boat launch area shoreline also? Be very careful out there, Wear spikes and perhaps carry a spud bar to be safe around iffy areas? Like you said, Ice is between 8" or 9" in a lot of areas, But there may be thin areas especially around the sunken tire reef? That wind was a bear out, Especially trying to put up a shanty lol!!!!! Thought we were going to windsurf lol!!!!!! Good thing for anchors! Fishing was strange today? We each caught a couple crappie, But they were just pecking the baits and tough to detect the bite? Thank goodness for the Vex! It said the fish were on it, Lifted the rod and sure enough they were there? Well I'm thinking about heading back out this afternoon or Monday, Depending on the ice and weather conditions? Hope to see you guys out there.

Tom

ice phisher

• View Profile
Tom....will be givin ya a call today....for sure.....Should still be a couple of safe days left...
Ice Phisher,

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

mbass8dor

• View Profile
                                    Hello ice phisher,
It looks like the ice will be good for at least another week? Depends on what the weather does? Ice looked much better Sunday, I caught about 15 and my buddy caught 10. I avoided those wet spots and looked for indentations under the snow last night! You'll get your feet wet near shore pulling out and comming in? You just have to be careful, And watch where you're walking? I seen another Bald Eagle around 5pm. flying around! I'm planning on a Tuesday trip out? I hope to see you out there buddy? Talk to you later.

Tom

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Where at on the lake are you guys fishing that your seeing the eagles?

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

mbass8dor

• View Profile
                                      HardWaterJunkie,
           The Eagles have been flying around us in front of the main parking lot?
      At times you can see them flying past the Goodyear hanger, To a stand of trees on the
      left hand side looking towards the hanger? I've seen them mostly in the afternoon, But
        I'm sure they fly in the mornings as well? I may just spend the day with my camera,
        since it looks like the ice isn't too good there? I couldn't pull out today, No matter where you went to pull out you got wet feet!!!! I tried the main lot area and the boat ramp, Ice is very unsafe now? That rain really screwed things up! I'm wondering if those Eagles have a nest nearby, Or they're just cruising through? Either way, It's great seeing them around.

Tom

ice phisher

• View Profile
Tom....Thanks for all the INFO...........
Ice Phisher,

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

ice phisher

• View Profile
HWJ (TIM) .......there were some in the CLR area of Mogadore also........not all that far from Wingfoot.......as the crow (or Eagle flies)..........thought I'd mention that for you.....
Ice Phisher,

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Ive yet to see one. I guess I need to take my eyes off my Marcum and look around every now and then. lol

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
yeah i used to see the eagles over here at springfield also not so much lately, and they might have nest close by wingfoot they have a large hunting area  :)
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar